We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay for a 25 year old couple?

Boston...
5 posts
Save Topic
where to stay for a 25 year old couple?

Hi all!

Looking to take my boyfriend to Fort Myers for his 25th birthday in March. Hoping to catch a couple of Red Sox Spring Training games at Jet Blue Park and also at Hammond Stadium but I'm not sure where to book a hotel. We would like to be near bars and restaurants [not club people, but more fun bar atmosphere] and maybe be able to go to the beach for a day as well. I'm getting overwhelmed looking at hotels all over and would love some advice. Thanks so much!

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay for a 25 year old couple?

Are you wanting Fort Myers or Fort Myers Beach? I have friends looking for rooms in Fort Myers and they are having a hard time so I would suggest just start calling hotels and see what your options are.

Boston...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay for a 25 year old couple?

I just don't know where to even start based on location. I'm not sure which area is best for what we are looking for: Fort Myers Beach area, downtown river district, Sanibel? Is there any nightlife near the stadiums?

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay for a 25 year old couple?

The stadiums are in Fort Myers and really do not have anything near them. Nightlife is more in Fort Myers Beach and Downtown Fort Myers (more so on the weekends).

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay for a 25 year old couple?

We booked a cheap two nights thru hotwire at travelodge fort myers airport which I believe is near jet blue. It gets mixed reviews and is on the cheaper end. I paid $63 a night I believe.

Cheers

Richmond,Il
Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay for a 25 year old couple?

We love Rock Lake Resort near downtown Ft Myers... It's not fancy, but an Old Florida type cottage. I don't believe you'll find anything better for the money. I'd check out their website & read reviews here on TripAdvisor for them. The neighborhood is not the Ritz, but we felt safe.

Good luck & check out Sky Bar downtown

6. Re: where to stay for a 25 year old couple?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 20, 2015