We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rentals at RSW

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sterling, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rentals at RSW

Has anybody heard or used "Firefly"? They are advertised on the Obitz site. Said to be "in the terminal". Their rate is about $50 less per week than Hotwire. Any suggestions?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
606 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rentals at RSW

No let me look into it

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
606 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rentals at RSW

Wow - never heard of them before but googled them and they have a website however when I went ot check rates for my March trip I couldnt get past the 2nd page (Select a Car)...There was no prompt to select the car or continue.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
606 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rentals at RSW

Further info - divison of Hertz! Aug 30, 2013, 10:45 am EST | By Burke Speaker, Investorplace Writer

Car rental company Hertz (HTZ) today announced that is bringing its leisure-branded-yet-economic Firefly to the United States.

The company is looking to have some 20 Firefly locations at airports, aiming for “price conscience leisure travelers,” according to its press release.

Firefly will help the company with that market segment after it replaced its Advantage brand earlier this year. Firefly joins company brands Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty.

Sterling, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rentals at RSW

Thanks for the info!! If they're a division of Hertz, they probably ok, then.

Thanks again!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
606 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rentals at RSW

Yes agreed!

Sioux Falls, South...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rentals at RSW

We just returned from a trip to Ft. Myers. We booked with Firefly through Priceline because they were the cheapest "on airport" rental company. There were several cheaper companies in the area but those required a shuttle to reach the location and since we were arriving on a late flight with 3 huge suitcases, our carry on bags, 2 car seats and 2 toddlers I was MORE than happy to pay a little more to just walk to the car and skip the shuttle. When we arrived we lugged all our stuff to the rental counters only to discover there WAS NO FIREFLY COUNTER. We went up to another company's counter and asked where Firefly was located. He told us we would have to go back to the baggage claim area and take a SHUTTLE to their location. I was confused and showed him our printed reservation that CLEARLY stated ON AIRPORT. He told us that they are located on AIRPORT PROPERTY and so can technically say they are "on airport," but they are not located in/near the terminal so you still have to take a shuttle. At this point I was very upset since their location was the ONLY reason I booked with them (I had never heard of the company before). The guy was very understanding and said this happens a lot since they never mention the shuttle when you book with them. He was willing to price-match our reservation with Firefly, and within minutes he had us in a car and gone. We had a GREAT experience with this other company (Dollar) but we were very disgusted with the deceptive advertising of Firefly and will not book with them again, even if they ARE a little cheaper.

7. Re: Car Rentals at RSW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, April 11, 2014
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
606 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rentals at RSW

Oh my - thanks for that info. Yeah RSW covers a lot of acres so "on airport" can mean a haul away. They should have to say "in airport terminal"

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Rentals at RSW

Here is a recent post from someone who booked with Firefly -

tripadvisor.com/…57476116

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,765 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Rentals at RSW

I just rented Avis for the first time from RSW (usually use alamo and Dollar there) and they were fantastic.

Best rental pickup ever.