We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

What to wear in Ft Myers in November

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Springfield...
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
What to wear in Ft Myers in November

We're headed to Ft Myers in November and are getting mixed messages about what to wear---types of clothes and colors. Is summer stuff okay, or should we be more fallish? Would appreciate some good advice.

Thanks!

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,370 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: What to wear in Ft Myers in November

As far as style re: summer/fall it doesn't matter, what really matters is the weather. Nov. can be unpredictable from cool to warm. I have been to FMB in late Nov. and have had beach weather 80's and almost very cool weather. I would keep checking the weather and dress for the weather.

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: What to wear in Ft Myers in November

Summer clothes most times unless a cool front comes in....capri's and shorts sandals and bring a sweater in case it gets cool in the evening.....as far as colors go it does not matter....some years I have been in shorts for Christmas ....as Daisy suggested keep an eye on the weather.....but whatever it is...it will be better then up north that time of year.....also if it is nice ....don't forget the bathing suit....most pools are heated and I have swam in Nov many times...hope this helps.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: What to wear in Ft Myers in November

What about wearing white or sandals??????????

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
82 reviews
4. Re: What to wear in Ft Myers in November

You can wear white or sandals year round.

Orlando
Level Contributor
8,338 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: What to wear in Ft Myers in November

I have always wondered what nut came up with the "wearing white" thing. Most of Florida is very casual. I am a guy, but I wear flip flops about 11 months out of the year. I usually only wear sneakers to do yard work or unless it is really cold. I only wear dress shoes to work or weddings. If possible, I don't wear shoes at all LOL.

You can wear shorts almost anywhere here unless it happens to be too cold.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
86 posts
36 reviews
6. Re: What to wear in Ft Myers in November

I go to Ft Myers every other year in January and I take nothing but shorts, sandals and t-shirts. If you're lucky, it will be nice the entire time and from where you're coming from it is definitely summer wears. I always bring one change of fallish clothing (pants, long-sleeve shirt, light jacket).

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,370 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: What to wear in Ft Myers in November

It is so nice to be care free in FL. I wore white sandals during Xmas wk.

8. Re: What to wear in Ft Myers in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 28, 2014