We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first of august good or bad

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vincennes, Indiana...
9 posts
Save Topic
first of august good or bad

I would like to come down the first of august this year...how are the bugs, weather, beaches, sanibel island, tourist parks, tourists during this time of year? Places still open, is it a bad time of year, prices high or low on places to stay and eat? weather cold, rainy, or not good for families? I have never been to fort myers/sanibel island area but i wanna visit family there. Thank you for all the help.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first of august good or bad

August is Hot, Humid, muggy and buggy plus its Hurricane Season. Prices are low, Tourists aren't here. From after Easter to June is nice. End of May starts our rainy season. September is OK, love October and November as long as there are no Hurricane threats.

2. Re: first of august good or bad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 06, 2014