We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I know nothing about Ft. Myers, except...

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
I know nothing about Ft. Myers, except...

it's the furthest non-stop destination from Boston on Southwest, and the Red Sox train there.

we are thinking about taking a quick vacation in March, somewhere in the world.

If we went to Ft. Myers, we would presumably rent a car. It would be nice to stay at some place with a pool and/or beach (I do not even know if Ft. Myers is near the ocean). We are in our 50s. Like to drink and watch TV, sit in the sun. We would go to at least one Red Sox spring training game. I do not like snakes.

where should we stay? One of the reasons for going to Ft. Myers is that it should cost us less than going to Cartagena or Italy, so I would want to spend less than $100/night. where do sportswriters who are covering Spring training stay?

Edited: 11:23 am, February 22, 2013
Boston...
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: I know nothing about Ft. Myers, except...

Well, you may be English but your location is Bradenton, FL and you seem to have a lot to say about our baseball teams here...although clearly you are way out of your league.

And being English, you should definitely know who Benedict was...he was English too, you know. And my impression is that you probably had a lot more in common than national origin

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: I know nothing about Ft. Myers, except...

Is cricket a sport? Ha, Ha. Come on Andy. We don' mean to be nasty to you. You just can't insult us Red Sox fans and expect us to take it.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
186 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: I know nothing about Ft. Myers, except...

Mmmm... Benedict Arnold looks like a good guy to me. And he was intelligent. Man after my own heart.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
186 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: I know nothing about Ft. Myers, except...

Why not take it? And yes, cricket is a sport and a very difficult and complicated one. It'll be over your head though. It's civilized, fascinating, can be hectic or very slow. Something for all tastes in fact. I don't see any baseball teams serving tea during a game (or even lunch). Aaaahhhh now that's a thought. Joe Madden would love it.

Go Yorkshire

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: I know nothing about Ft. Myers, except...

You have no clue about american baseball and especially Red Sox fans. We don't care about your cricket or your rugby. Ask us if we care. I'm female and bet I know more about sports than you do. I could care less about your sports and throw soccer in there too while you're at it. I'm so done with wasting time on this thread. Go Sox!

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
186 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: I know nothing about Ft. Myers, except...

I have no interest in Red Sox fans. I merely started this discussion because a fellow Brit had no intention of watching 'The Sox" in spring training so I pointed him in the right direction.

Over and out Corky

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: I know nothing about Ft. Myers, except...

They really should start serving tea during baseball games.

During the 7th inning stretch, the players could work on their crochet and knitting while they sipped tea in the dugout.

Can't get more civilized or refined than that

Edited: 10:50 pm, February 26, 2013
38. Re: I know nothing about Ft. Myers, except...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 28, 2014