We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getaway marina party boat fishing

Bristol
Level Contributor
172 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Getaway marina party boat fishing

Has anyone used the getaway marina party boat for fishing? We would like to go out fishing on a party boat and would like to know what they are like, don't want to go on one that gets too crowded.

Are there any other party boats in the cape coral or fort Myers area?

Chicago. Illinois
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Getaway marina party boat fishing

too crowded for me , not sure your age or # in your group . private charters are more depending on # of people but WORTH it if you can afford it .

New Y
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Getaway marina party boat fishing

I vacation on Sanibel every August and have done the half day fishing on this boat every year for the last 10 years. I just got back and caught 16 fish. That is nice but, I used to catch between 30-60 fish. I used to brag to anyone that would listen about the quantity and size of fish we would catch. The boat used to go further out into deeper waters and catch more fish. (in the past I was not able to see land once we started fishing). You don't really need fancy equipment to bottom fish, but my reel would not lock after dropping the line, and my son's reel would not release the line to drop into the water. The staff was friendly and helpful. They used to call everyone to the front of the boat and give everyone a little introduction on how to fish and where we go fishing. It was nice to learn a little but about how deep the water is and what the sea bed was like in the area we fished. They have not done this the last couple of years. It cost me and my son over $120 to fish and tip the mates. It is obvious to me they are cutting corners and unfortunately the trip is not what it used to be. I used to look forward to my vacation because of these legendary trips. It is sad and unfortunate to see what used to be a great fishing trip every year turn into an ok fishing trip every year.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getaway marina party boat fishing

That is a dang shame. Many Moons ago I would take the after school kids from Beach Elementary on a fishing trip with them every year. We had a blast except for the sea sick ones! The Mates and Captains were awesome with us. I remember one trip when a 6 year old boy named Chance was on upper deck, on tippy toes trying to balance and point. He blurted out "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?" Everyone looked and it was a Loggerhead Turtle on the surface, it was Hugh and most everyone got to find their film camera and get a shot..It was way before cell phones and digitals or cell phones with cameras! Anyway I never said a word about his curse word, it alerted all to look! good times. Plus it was his Dad that supplied the bags of ice for our coolers.

4. Re: Getaway marina party boat fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 16, 2013