We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Myers Historic District

Beaufort, South...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Fort Myers Historic District

I would like to stay in the area of the Amtel Marina but have read many reviews that say that the Ramada Inn is filthy and unkempt. Are there and inns, b&b's, or quaint hotels in the historic district? I did see one named ka ti ki (I think) but looks like it may be closed.

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fort Myers Historic District

I think that B&B is closed... It was on the market last time I checked. I'm not aware of any others in that area. The Holiday Inn on the river isn't bad, and neither is the Winyah, if it's still open (they were planning on converting it to condos).

Any reason you want to stay downtown? While it is the best place to drink, it's neither that historic or quaint.

Ft. Myers, Fl
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fort Myers Historic District

There is a B&B on McGregor called The Hibiscus House (www.thehibiscushouse.com) which is within easy walking distance of the Edison/Ford Estates and Centennial Park. Downtown Ft. Myers is also a walkable distance although it is more than just a couple blocks.

This is a very nice B&B with good rooms, good location, easy parking, and reasonable rates.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
153 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fort Myers Historic District

The Holiday Inn on the river is closed.

I've stayed in the Ramada. It's not 4 stars, but it's not filthy either.

NJ (of course!)
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fort Myers Historic District

They need more affordable hotels in the historic district