We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which areas to Stay: Fort myers/Naples/Saracota

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
202 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Which areas to Stay: Fort myers/Naples/Saracota

I am flying to Tampa from UK (looking at real estate along the coast).

We are wondering where to stop. We are staying in Naples (then maybe marco Island)but dont know where to stay on the way down -somewhere where we can have wonder around, nice restaurants, few shops maybe. Fort Myers and Saracota look like good ideas - maybe st Petersberg ..... Help

Ft. Myers Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
271 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which areas to Stay: Fort myers/Naples/Saracota

You have many options. Some great areas include St Pete, Clearwater beach, Sarasota area, and Ft myers beach.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
202 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which areas to Stay: Fort myers/Naples/Saracota

Sarasota or Fort Myers?

Which has more to do/see?

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which areas to Stay: Fort myers/Naples/Saracota

It depends on what you want to see/do. What are your interests? I'm biased towards Sarasota, so I'd suggest there is a lot to interest you here ... though folks from Ft. Myers might disagree. Some upscale shops, outstanding restaurants, excellent beaches, world-class museum, half-dozen theaters, resident opera, symphony, ballet, etc.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
202 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which areas to Stay: Fort myers/Naples/Saracota

Thank you so much. I will take your recomendation

Leanne

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Which areas to Stay: Fort myers/Naples/Saracota

You may also want to check out Sanibel/Captiva Islands. It will meet your needs for shops/restaurants and things to do. Great place to visit and live.

http://www.sanibelcaptivaonline.com/

6. Re: Which areas to Stay: Fort myers/Naples/Saracota

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, October 09, 2009