We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me decide

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help me decide

I have two spare days after St Petes and would like to spend them somewhere between naples and sarasota,taking in malls ,beach ,scenery and somewhere nice mum is 85 and daughter 16 and I am trying to please all .Any hotel suggestions would be a help not too high end ,and good places to eat.We are from the uk and have not been this far down before.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me decide

Why not have a look at the Naples forum theres a great trip report from someone who stayed at the Holiday Inn thats on the main road in Naples not far from the Coastland Mall which is great for shopping Abercrombie, Hollister etc, there is also theCoconut Point mall which is an outdoor mall, loads of shops, not far away is the outlet mall at Miromar loads of bargains especially for your daughter, you are not from Naples pier and the beach at Lowdermill Park hopefully you will be driving there are loads of restaurants around that area. Theres also tin city a quirky little place to see you can also book trips to see the dolphine from there, but if you are on the beach you will see them without going on a trip, Marco Island is just down the road, the beaches there are nice as well. Enjoy your holiday we will be leaving Blackpool for Naples in September this will be our third holiday in Naples a bit more going on than Sarasota, but if you stay in Fort Myers believe the Outrigger is a great hotel, well worth checking their site out.....laura

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me decide

Hi

LAURA7CANTONA,Thats just what I needed to hear,we are from Lytham st annes,going out 19 aug.Enjoy your trip,getting excited now everythings coming together.

Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me decide

The Coconut Point Mall, Gulf Coast Town Center Mall and Miromar Outlet Mall are all in Estero, about a 30 - 40 minute drive from Naples. If the beach is your main objective, try Holiday Inn on south end of Ft. Myers Beach, much nicer than the Outrigger and right on the beach. FYI, the Holiday Inn Naples is not on the beach. If shopping, dining, etc is your objective, try Hyatt at Coconut Point. I love the Hyatt and they have a boat that shuttles you to the beach. It is located about a mile from the Coconut Point mall so it is convenient to shopping.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me decide

Hi the Hyatt at Coconut Point is great we stayed there in May but quite pricey if only staying 2 nights best deals are for 4 nights only pay for 3, the hotels on the beach are usually dearer, have a look at the Trianon hotels as well there are 2 in Naples we tried to get in both last time but the online prices were better than at the hotels themselves, as we didnt like our villa we had to shop around for the last 4 nights of our stay, we are at the Bellasera which has a shuttle to the beach close to everything. re previous post sure i said the hotel in question was on the 41 not the beach sorry if any confusion....laura

Sanibel Captiva...
Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me decide

Swing on out to Sanibel and Captiva Islands and or visit Boca Grande or Ft. Myers Beach/Estero Island.

All can be done in two days. None should be missed!

Boca is a great AM destination. You can see the whole island by 1PM and head down to Sanibel by 2:30PM.

Stay overnight by stopping in at the Chamber of Commerce to see what accommodations are on the daily vacancy list.

Casa Ybel Resort, Anchor Inn and Cottages are two extremes. The Resort is exclusive and has plush surroundings, the inn has cottages or efficiencies close to shopping and dining.

Go to Dolce Vita across the street from Anchor for dinner. Dance and enjoy live entertainment. Thistle Lodge will provide an excellent meal at Casa and it's on the Gulf. Relaxing.

Go to the Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge drive before sunset and dinner, then the next day bike the two miles of shopping and get some breakfast, then drive out to Captiva for a late lunch at Mucky Duck, then head to Lover's Key on Fort Myers Beach and back up to the fishing pier at times square for a late dinner and sunset. I recommend Happy Hour at the Beached Whale!

Too much fun!

6. Re: Help me decide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 pm, October 05, 2009