We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Find a good flight website...

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Battle Creek...
Level Contributor
108 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Find a good flight website...

Hi There... We are flying to Ft. Myers next April and I am wondering if anyone knows of any 'secret' website I can check on cheap flights; besides your typical travelocity, expedia, etc.

We're looking to fly out of Detroit or Chicago.

Thanks for any help you might add to my dilema?

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Find a good flight website...

Not used it myself but heard that kayak.com are really good. Have seen it mentioned on other TA sites might be worth having a look.......kaura

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Find a good flight website...

Apologies for typo rushing as on my lunch....laura

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
120 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Find a good flight website...

Also keep in mind that certain carriers offer the best prices on their own Web sites and do not publish them on the discounters. For instance, I've found excellent sale fares on USA 3000, AirTran and Southwest on their own sites, so make sure you know which carriers fly from your nearest airport and check them out before you book with a discounter.

Battle Creek...
Level Contributor
108 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Find a good flight website...

Thanks so much!

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Find a good flight website...

I second Smootchick's advice to check the airline sites themselves, as they usually try to offer the best rates. Airlines like Southwest won't be found using third party sites like Orbitz. You ahve to look on their site for prices.

Having said that, kayak.com does search just about every third party booking site as well as the airlines sites, so it is really one-stop shopping. Kayak does not sell tickets, you can't book through them, so they only show you want is available through others. It works really well, they only thing you can't find in there are prices for Southwest flights (they do show you the flights, without prices). I highly recommend Kayak.

I've flown between Chicago and FM a few times, and US3000 (or whatever its called) is often the cheapest, if you don't mind their flight times. I know one of their like, 2 non-stop flights to ORD gets in to Chicago at 11 or 12 at night.

Southwest has good cheap flights from FM to Midway in Chicago if that is an option for you.

6. Re: Find a good flight website...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:25 am, October 03, 2009