We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fort myers restaurant

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
fort myers restaurant

Does anyone know of a nice restaurant close to Barbara B Mann Concert Hall? We are going here for a concert and I wanted to go for dinner first.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fort myers restaurant

I don't know how close you want to stay to BB Mann, or how much you want to spend but it is a good area for restaurants. I live 5 minutes or less from there.

Closest places would be University Grill and Sanibel-Palms Steakhouse. I haven't been to the steakhouse, and it doesn't get great reviews. Here is the local food critics take:

www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article…

University Grill: www.prawnbroker.com/universitygrill/index.htm

I've been here a few times and have enjoyed it. I don't think it is as good as it used to be though. But their main thing is seafood. I'm not sure if they still have it, but my favorite was a horseradish crusted grouper. I also liked their crab bisque. I think that entrees are around 17-18 dollars.

If you want to venture a little further west or east there are some really great places. Going west on Cypress Lake Drive, there is a small shopping area at the corner of McGregor (probably 7-10 minutes drive) with 3 restaurants, Prawnbroker, Cin Cin, and Blu. Prawnbroker is seafood, owned by the same people that own University Grill. I would personally go to University Grill over Prawnbroker. Prawnbroker tends to get the early bird retiree crowd and the atmosphere is nothing special.

Cin Cin http://www.cincingrille.com/ serves "Mediterranean" cuisine. I'm not exactly sure what that entails. I usually order off of their tapas menu, not the entrees. The tapas is delicious. It's a little spendy, with each dish being 8-10 dollars, and for two people, you could get 4-5 dishes to share. They have a nice outdoor seating patio, just beware if smoke bothers you (FL doesn't allow smoking inside restaurants, so they all go outside). Dessert food and coffee drinks are quite good here too.

Blu http://www.blusushi. com is sushi. Just sushi, no other Japanese dishes. I you like sushi, eat here, its the best I've had. Here's my review of the place: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34230-d4017…

If you go east on Cypress Lake Drive from BB Mann, you can go to the Bell Tower Shops which has a good choice of restaurants. The only place I have been is Cru. http://www.crufoodandwine.com/index.php?c=1

This place is pricey, but really good. It is not a quiet romantic place. It's trendy and kind of loud and dark. So, depends on what you want. It is one of the places (along with Blu) that the Red Sox and Twins players go to when they are here for spring training. Here's my review:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34230-d8170…

Bell Tower has other restaurants that have gotten good reviews. Toro: www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article…

I haven't been to Toro, but it looks nice.

Hopefully this is helpful to you. I'd be happy to give some more info if you want it.

Lehigh Acres...
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fort myers restaurant

University Grille is a good choice it is so close to Barbara B. Mann and the food and service are consistant.

Cin-Cin (pronounced Chin Chin) is very good but a little further away.

Dwyers has turned into a premium Steak House and seems to do well.

3. Re: fort myers restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, September 23, 2009