We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions needed on where to stay with 2 16yr olds SPBK?

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
minnesota
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions needed on where to stay with 2 16yr olds SPBK?

Ok, we are fying in at 1am to Ft myers, via SW Fla airport. Looking for an inexpensive but clean place to just crash and then a nicer moderate place to go for the bulk of our stay. We will be there until 4/3. I am am first off trying to figure out what area will have enough fun things for the teens to am to pm, and still avoid the spring break part scene. I am open to ideas. Fort Meyers beach,naples,marco,captive,sanibel,bonita spr., up to siesta key? Then from there I need moderate hotel ideas, that are on or very close to nice beach,nicer pool area,access to water sports,inexpensive shopping and eating options. I guess I want it all for a little $. Well as close as we can get anyways.Will I need a car no matter where we stay? Any help would be great! Thanks, Tenstar

indiana
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions needed on where to stay with 2 16yr olds SPBK?

The Lighthouse at Fort Meyer Beach is good....just across the street from the street but right in the area where all the kids go...good luck

Fort Myers, FL
Level Contributor
353 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions needed on where to stay with 2 16yr olds SPBK?

Ft Myers Beach has quiet beach areas, but also has the Times Square area with shops, the pier, and the park which will appeal to your teens. There are spring breakers there, but not tons of the drunk college kid kind. It's more teens and families. There is a trolley system that runs along the beach and surrounding areas that is cheap and easy to use. The Pink Shell is a nice place. It's just north of Times Square- close enough to walk but far enough away for it to be peaceful. You may want to look into a condo. There are a lot of them on the southern end where it is definitely quieter. You can trolley up into the 'happening' area from there, but beware- the traffic really backs up. Sanibel is gorgeous but unless your teens are content with the beach/pool, there isn't too much for them out there. Also, you will find it more expensive all around. Naples is great, but FMB would be my choice for making the teens happy. With the trolleys, you don't HAVE to have a car, but I would get one as there are other fun places to go in the area (mini-golf, pirate cruise, outlet malls, various nature centers).

Brighton, MI
Level Contributor
107 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions needed on where to stay with 2 16yr olds SPBK?

If you want a reasonable hotel close to the beach, I would try Hotwire. There is a listing for a 2 1/2 star hotel on the Gateway to Sanibel and Fort Myers. This is the La Quinta on Summerlin Road. The kids will LOVE this hotel. It has a HUGE Warm 83 degree pool and a Large perfect Hot Tub... It also has a free continental breakfast... We stayed there last weekend and LOVED it!!! IT also may not have a lot of Spring breakers there and will be a little quieter... Book it through HOTWIRE though... It's much cheaper than calling the hotel directly... The rate we had last weekend was $49 per night, but it might be higher during spring break...

A previous reviewer mentioned Lighthouse Pointe. I've heard that this hotel can get VERY LOUD. I've never stayed there, but be careful if you do! This is known as a party hotel. Also stay away from Lani Kai - another party hotel.

There is a relatively quiet beach less than a mile away from the La Quinta on the street next to the convenience store / gas station next to the hotel. There is free parking there, and the beach is nice.

Fort Myers beach and Times Square is 5 miles away... You can drive to Fort Myers Beach and park all day for $5 or $7... You will definitely need a car almost ANYWHERE you stay in Fort Myers. None of the hotels I called would offer service from the airport and taxis run about $50 each way.

I suggest NAMING YOUR OWN PRICE through Priceline... For between $15 and $20 you should be able to rent a reasonable car... Start at $15. If they reject your bid, you can select a different type of car and bid again or wait 24 hours and bid a little higher the next day... The prices mmay be a little higher during spring break...

Sorry this is so long. Take Care, and have a great stay!

4. Re: Suggestions needed on where to stay with 2 16yr olds SPBK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, September 19, 2009