We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport car rental

sah
lowell, ma
7 posts
Save Topic
airport car rental

We will be arriving in Fort Myers from NYC at about midnight with three kids. The car rental prices seem about the same so I'm just trying to find out which of the rental agencies is most convenient at the Fort Myers airport, and reliable at that time of night. Anyone got any hints? Thanks.

NJ (of course!)
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: airport car rental

Alamo/National are owned by the same company & share an outlet. I believe they are open 24 hrs but I would check. Right across the way from terminal.

Sanibel Island, FL
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: airport car rental

the only one that's not right at hte airport is thrifty and they have a shuttle bus.........all are easy

have fun on your trip

for ideas, you might want to check out www.bestofsanibelcaptiva.com

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport car rental

I rent from Hertz, but they're often not the best buy, but they've always been open for me, though i've never arrived THAT late! RSW is such a small airport that car rental places are all about the same and are on the same service in the airport grounds, except as noted above. (And I think a few other off brands aren't there either.)

Just call and ask their operating hours, which are longer some days than others, but usually accommodate regularly scheduled flights. Do let the agency know of your late arrival and verify the day of your flight. Staff will be minimal and all agencies require a shuttle to reach - or a long walk. They may not be running except by request by then. If you have a bunch of bags, it's easiest for one to go, get the car and take the turn back to the terminal as you leave the rental car service road and stop at the termnal to load the bags and people. I used to do that all the time when I traveled with an elderly aunt. A lot less work than hauling the stuff on and off the suttle bus!