We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doubletree Galleria

Lake George NY
Level Contributor
214 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Doubletree Galleria

We are thinking about staying at the Doubletree Galleria precruise in March for 2 nites. This hotel is right next to the Galleria Mall?What stores are there. Isn't there a Wolfgang Puck restaurant. What else is near by. Are we near Shooters, Charlies Crab. Is is walking distance? It seems like they have done extensive renovation to the hotel.

We stayed at Best Western Oceanside last year and liked it. We had the only suite. It was quite interesting w/ the spring breakers staying at the hotel. We had many laughs, thanks for recomending it Lulutoo.

We actually have a reservation at Lago Mar which we love but it is so expensive

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Doubletree Galleria

There is a closed movie theater complex between the Doubletree and the Galleria Mall. Here is their website where you can see what stores are there

http://www.galleriamall-fl.com

No Wolfgang Puck restaurant but there are several very nice restaurants there including a new PF Changs.

I'm guessing that it is probably two miles from Doubletree to Shooters, Charlies Crab. You could take the watertaxi there or use a public bus.

If you cross the bridge heading towards the beach there are several bars, shops, etc. but not as upscale as the ones in the mall. The Bonnet House is right in that area too.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,128 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doubletree Galleria

We have booked the Doubletree for our stay in April. We wanted to stay at the Best Western Oceanside but I hesitated and by the time I had made my mind up all the rooms were sold for my dates. I think you will find the area around the Doubletree totally different from the BWO. We stayed at the Holiday Inn last year which is just down the street heading towards the beach from the Doubletree and I think that the bars Pat is referring to are the ones in that area. I must say we loved the area and the bars which are the Parrot, the Bluefish Cafe, the Bikinni Bar, Primanti Bros (bit of a dive but good pizza), Thai on the Beach (we didn't try it) but a very popular restaurant and McSorleys. However I have to say that it is a loud, brash, adult sort of area with a tattoo parlour and an "adult" store if you know what I mean. We felt perfectly safe but I have read reviews from others who have stayed at the Holiday Inn who were concerned about the surrounding area. When I couldn't get the BWO I immediately went for the Doubletree because we had such a good time in that little area but I have to say that it might not suit everyone. However you say in your post that you enjoyed the company of the spring breakers so it may well be the sort of area for you.

3. Re: Doubletree Galleria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, August 27, 2009