We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water taxi

14 posts
Save Topic
Water taxi

We will be staying at Marriott Harbor for a few days soon- we will not have a car - where do we catch the water taxi at and is it close enough to walk to ?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,133 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water taxi

I believe the closest stop is Bahia Cabana at heir waterfront bar/grilll - and I would have no trouble walking it,. It's almost directly across Seabreeze from your hotel ( the main beach road) and I think a bit north.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,133 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water taxi

Google Maps puts it at just under half a mile- a 7 minute walk.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water taxi

The water taxi stop is just past the fire station next to Bahia Cabana. It doesn't stop at Bahia Cabana's dock but next to it. I just walked with some friends last week, which is why I'm familiar with it. Same distance - 7 minutes. Easy-peasy.

Edited: 10:13 am, May 08, 2016
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,133 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water taxi

Thanks for that correction Abby- I just realized when we see it coming in that it is pulling up just north of Bahia Cabana - not at it - not a far walk at all though and so I suspect the staff at BC is often directing people to it. just around the corner.

jfd
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
399 posts
710 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water taxi

where is the nearest stop to the Hilton Beach Hotel? (not the Marina)

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,133 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water taxi

I believe that would be Seville St- which is a 'whistle stop' meaning it's not a regular stop but the WT crew looks to see if anyone is waiting and stops for them. Check with the desk at Hilton who I am sure can fill you in.

7. Re: Water taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 27, 2017