We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Hotel for Teen

Level Contributor
112 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Hotel for Teen

I am traveling to Ft Lauderdale with my teenage daughter for a week in February to relax at the beach. I haven't been to Ft. Lauderdale in 20 years and need advice on a hotel. It seems like B Ocean or the Hilton would be our best bet on the beach. We'd like to stay in the range of $300 per night -- can anyone recommend a nice hotel for a relaxing week?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,113 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Hotel for Teen

B Ocean currently has some towers closed for remodeling of rooms and recent reviews indicate some folks were placed in Towers they had not reserved and did not like. Some of their non remodeled rooms are rather shabby.I don't know if that will still will be going on- but it just might be wise not to book i it at this time. I think Hilton is a good choice , but since it is high season in February and since prices fluctuate greatly based on how many cruise ships are in town ( and with President's Day weekend and those mid winter school breaks.) , I cannot say it will meet your budget. Courtyard on the beach on Seabreeze is not as nice , but if you need to look for a lower price choice, many people seem happy there. Atlantic Resort and Spa is another possible choice to check into, We just had a parent of teens spend NYE weekend there and they loved the place. .

Level Contributor
112 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Hotel for Teen

How about Lago Mar? I found a reasonable price and it seems close to the beach! The Hilton was very expensive.

Level Contributor
35 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Hotel for Teen

Lago Mar is a beautiful resort with a Tommy Bahama kind of feel to it, the resort has it's own private beach and a few good restaurants in it, including a fantastic soda bar, the pool seems to be lovely but I think the real stand out is its own private beach which at this time of year can be very convenient due to the high saturation of the main Ft Lauderdale beaches

Only negative to the resort if any at all is the location as it is kind of secluded from the main part of Ft Lauderdale so if you're looking to hit the strip you will probably need a car or at least Uber or a Taxi.

Fyi parking is complimentary at Lago Mar which is great as other resorts charge up to 30 to 40 a night for parking.

Other than that if Lago Mar is in your price range I would definitely consider it. The entire resort is beautifully maintained.

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Hotel for Teen

Lago Mar is located directly on the beach. While there is nothing within walking distance they do have a couple of dining options and are within a $7-$10 cab ride of many nice restaurants. We have been staying there for more than twenty years and their service is first rate. Two pools and a beautiful beach. Good luck with your trip planning.

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Hotel for Teen

I also recommend Lago Mar, but if the location doesn't work for you, then my 2nd choice is Marriott Harbor beach, and then Hilton Beach.

Level Contributor
112 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Hotel for Teen

Thanks for all of the advice! Lago Mar ended up being too expensive. We found a nice deal at The Westin Ft. Lauderdale Beach. We're excited to visit Ft. Lauderdale!

Fort Lauderdale
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Hotel for Teen

Mariot Couryard on Fort Lauderdale BEACH

Make sure you book at the beach one, 444 Seabreeze Blvd.

Wide section of beach that does not get too crowded.

Short walk (2 blocks) from the bars and all the action.

Pool deck is one story up on Ocean side, which is nice on windy days when the wind can lift the sand and make laying out on the beach like being sand-blasted.

Low cost food right under the pool deck, coffee shops, wraps and pizza, will help you keep costs down.

Coconuts across street for fancier eating.

Perfect location. Easy access to rental bikes and water taxi.

Car parking is expensive, suggest you get a shuttle to hotel, then walk locally. For anything further way use the B-Cycle rental bikes, a taxi, uber, the free trolley buss or for a break from the beach, try a day ticket on the water taxi.

I will say this again, a PERFECT location.

8. Re: Beach Hotel for Teen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 07, 2017