We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

President's Weekend A1A Marathon

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Topic
President's Weekend A1A Marathon

I won't be running but I hope to be cheering on those that are.

If you sign up before Jan. 1 you get a personalized bib.

http://www.a1amarathon.com

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: President's Weekend A1A Marathon

Pat- where does the marathon start? Will they be running up on the Galt? My significant other used to run the 10K's and my father ran the Orange Bowl Marathon on his 60th birthday-so I would like to plan on cheering everyone on- I just don't remember ever seeing it- maybe we were away in the past!

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: President's Weekend A1A Marathon

This is only the second year for the A1A Marathon. This year it is starting at The Riverfront. It runs up A1A , turns at Galt Ocean Drive. The 1/2 Marathon makes the turn south at 35th St. and back down A1A while the full marathoners continue up A!A to Dover and then back.

My husband runs a 5k sometimes 10 almost every weekend. He has done 1/2 marathons but never a full. He does triathelons too!One of my sons did his first 1/2 marathon at 11. For the last few years they have had a tradition of going to Central Park in NYC on New Years Eve for their Midnight Race. They serve champagne instead of water! The next morning they are off to Coney Island to take a dip in the ocean with the Polar Bear Club. I've been trying to convince them to do that part in Fort Lauderdale and I might even join them them!

The reason you may not have seen the race last year is it is a very early start ,6am. By the time I went outside last time there were only a few stragglers to cheer for. There was a water stop with a band across from the Hess Station. I''m going to try to get out there this time before 7 (yikes) Maybe I will see you there.

Here is the course map: a1amarathon.com/pdf/07A1ACourseMapFull.pdf

Fort Lauderdale FL
Level Contributor
196 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: President's Weekend A1A Marathon

Thats almost as far as I DRIVE to work everyday! Heres to getting back in shape for the new year!

4. Re: President's Weekend A1A Marathon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 pm, August 20, 2009