We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gulfstream park (still looking hotel)

grand island
3 posts
Save Topic
gulfstream park (still looking hotel)

thanks, for the info on where to and not to stay. Neglected to say we have rental car and don't mind driving up to 20 miles to track. That is why we were looking in ft. lauderdale, this was a last minute trip.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,152 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gulfstream park (still looking hotel)

Then I really would suggest the Sleep Inn in Dania , Florida- a couple of miles south of the Airport. You'll only be about 8 miles from Gulfstream and they may be in your budget. If not, check the Super 8 also in Dania.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34168-d266168-…

Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gulfstream park (still looking hotel)

Just under a mile from tha Sleep Inn on the Dania/Hollywood border is the Hollywood Beach.

I don't know how important it is for you to have a small beachfront apartment, I can tell you it might not be more than the Sleep Inn. But it will not be as new.

I'm not sure if this has opened yet:

http://www.hollywoodgrande.com/ (Starwood possible management)

but it was supposed to have openng specials.

There is a list of web links to some of the mom & pop (and in the Atlantic Sands case....grand daughter) at this link. I would check them out for price.

Atlantic Sands has one bedrooms, but no pool. Beach is just past the second best pizza place on the b'walk (I like Angelos better). IMO, the best pizza here is at Conca'D Oro on Youngs Circle. Mamma Miass does not compare (if you like thin Brooklyn type)

Also, the Carribean Resort (?) next to the Atlantic Sands has no pool. Both places are less than a block from the Handball Courts, where teams from Brooklyn compete with the Hollywood groups. This area has a building going

Pools are at the Seadowns complex (they have 2 on in the TIDE units and one in the Sea Downs unit, but Brouganvilla Units would be the least expensive.....most one bedroom units elevated bldg.

Manta Ray is in the Flowers Section, also nice (but I think no pool). Villa Sinclare (sp?) is near the Ramada Hollywood BEach Resort (stay away from this Ramada T/S units). Great Pool, Great possibilities, but not taken care of.

Check here for the links:

tripadvisor.com/…5363052

The places arw all on A1A (or Surf Road) and its a very easy trip to Gulfstream. You will miss all the traffic on I 95 and US Rt ONE by taking A1A S to Hallandale Beach Blvd. After you pass Diplomat Mall, get into the LEFT LANE....you will be turning left into Gulfstream right off of Hallandale Beach Blvd.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,152 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gulfstream park (still looking hotel)

These places all seem to have fairly high( $150 and up) rates for that weekend- keeping in mind that it's a school holiday long weekend so lots of families will try to get here. Did want to mention that the Best Western in Hallandale I mentioned as somewhat dicey was in the local paper this am after arrests were made for an ongoing teen prostitution situation. I'm hoping you can up your budget a bit to stay out of the iffy spots - there is an Econolodge on Taft Street in Hollywood probably in your budget. The reviews praise the old but clean rooms but mention an iffy neighbohood with undesirables hanging around.

4. Re: gulfstream park (still looking hotel)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, August 23, 2009