We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

15th Street Fisheries - new menu/review yet?

Ohio
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
15th Street Fisheries - new menu/review yet?

I see that this restaurant is under new management, and I'd love to get an updated review and a copy of the new menu. Ate there a few years back and thought it was kind of "tourist trappish", but the location is good and it might be perfect for our stay in Ft. Lauderdale before a cruise. Thanks so much !!

ps - we are already holding a reservation at the Grill 66 as we're staying at the Hyatt. Any thoughts on that??? Thanks!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,489 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 15th Street Fisheries - new menu/review yet?

I've been checking their website, but no new menu yet. There is one review from mid- October after the new folks took over and the poster was not poleased. He said the dinners are no longer all inclusive and felt prices were too high and also they had done away with the specialty bread (cheddar) that he always enjoyed. He said when he complained the waitress told him the bread might be brought back, which makes me think they were still reworking the menu at that point.

I agree with your assessment that the location and view are outstanding , but I haven't been there in years because I always disliked their food and usually have only gone when someone else choses the restaurant. So, I'm hoping things will change for the better- we could use a good seafood place in town , surprisingly enough.

I have also not been to Grill 66 in years , wasn't impressed with it either, but can't say about lately. One of the hottest ( and most expensive ) new seafood spots in town is just down the street from your hotel- called Fish and is on the corner where the Convention Center is right by the Port entrance - haven't been , have been told the fish is excellent but quite expensive and to avoid adding one of their specialty sauces to your grilled fish because it adds about $10 to the price. I think there is a menu on line- I'll see if I can find it. Bimni Boatyard is my old standby in your area - near the Rennaisance Hotel.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,489 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 15th Street Fisheries - new menu/review yet?

Website for Fish is:

http://www.fish-fl.com

Ohio
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 15th Street Fisheries - new menu/review yet?

Thanks so much ! I have always enjoyed Bimini Boatyard too - casual with food that has always been good. The couple we are traveling with were not in love with it, though, when they were last there, so I'm going to see what they think. Since you and I seem to be on the same page, what do you think about Bravo or Big City Tavern?

4. Re: 15th Street Fisheries - new menu/review yet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, August 20, 2009