We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pillars - Construction Work?

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Anglia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Pillars - Construction Work?

I notice that a recent reviewer of this hotel mentioned "the builders" as a dislike.

Can anyone confirm whether construction work is currently being carried out at or around this hotel?

Thanks.

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pillars - Construction Work?

Best bet is to call the hotel directly.

East Anglia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pillars - Construction Work?

Thank you, Harry. I guess I'll have to call. I've already e-mailed the hotel twice about this, but they haven't responded.

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pillars - Construction Work?

Paulaa - I hope you didn't take my response to be anything other than helpful. I have dealt with the Pillars in the past and they are difficult to get a response from. I've found few responses on Fodor's concerning this hotel in general.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,876 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pillars - Construction Work?

Now that the boat show traffic congestion is over, I'll be going down that way on Wednesday and will see if anything is visible. There is definitely construction of some mega hotels in that area at the moment , but not sure if they are close enough to affect Pillars or if anything is going on at Pillars itself. Hopefully I'll have info for you Wednesday night!

East Anglia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pillars - Construction Work?

Thanks, Lulutoo. I'd appreciate any info you can provide.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,876 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pillars - Construction Work?

Paula- I drove down by the Pillars this morning and could see no sign of any construction there or nearby. If anything is happening inside it is certainly not visible from the front of the hotel- looked like it's normal serene self to me!

Ther are several large hotels being constructed on A1A a block or so away , but the heavy exterior work on those appears finished and only finishing work inside happening now. I couldn't hear a sound from anywhere around 10 am. I think you will be fine

East Anglia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pillars - Construction Work?

Thanks so much, Lulutoo. Hopefully, the Pillars will be a peaceful place to stay.

All the best.

8. Re: Pillars - Construction Work?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale