We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre Cruise Stay in Fort Lauderdale

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Midlands...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Pre Cruise Stay in Fort Lauderdale

Sorry - forgot about the dates! We will arrive on 30 March 2007 and depart 1 April.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,982 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre Cruise Stay in Fort Lauderdale

Wow! You really seem to haverun into a weekend of steep hotel rates- and I don't know why! It is before Easter when things tend to be higher, but I am really surprised by the rates- all my "old standbys" are way more than you want. I do have one good possibility for you.

Kira Mar is a small hotel on our lovely Las Olas Blvd- it's really more of an apartmnet /bed and breakfast accomodation, owned by a European couple. It is a two story building built around a pretty pool and on a canal- very pretty setting in a mostly residential area. Their own website lists the one bedroom accomodationa at $148, but only lets you book them by phone- not on line. But you can also book them at the same price on Orbitz -an on line engine. Below is the link you can copy/paste.

Las Olas is a lovely street - you would be in teh residential end. To your east is the beach area and to your west is the dining district of Las Olas . I know there is a little shuttle bus/trolley that runs up and down that street. I'm sure the owners will be able to help you get around- I'm guessing a taxi from the airport to be about $20- possibley a little less than that back to the Port.

It truly is the only accomodation in your price range I feel comfortable recommending- some of the few otehrs in the price range are in poor locationa or pretty shabby. I think the Kira Mar would work for you. I think that it has only been open about a year or so- so not many reviews on TA, but all seem very good. You'd be in an area of very upscale homes and lots of yachts docked around you!

Good luck- hope this helps!

I was going to send you to my favorite the Best Western Oceanside , but it is over $200/night- ouch!

Her's a link with info and booking:

https:/…

2. Re: Pre Cruise Stay in Fort Lauderdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, August 25, 2009