We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach hotel(s) WITHOUT valet parking?

Canada
Level Contributor
945 posts
Save Topic
Beach hotel(s) WITHOUT valet parking?

Can someone recommend a nice hotel along the beach where you park your OWN darn car! (no valets - I HATE that!) and, if possible any nice ones with FREE parking? I'm waiting. Thanks.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach hotel(s) WITHOUT valet parking?

No free parking except at Lago Mar (HarryRCT and JD3, please let me know if I'm right). Otherwise, you can self-park at Harbor Beach Marriott and there's a public lot next door to the Courtyard by Marriott that's fairly inexpensive and overnight parking is permitted.

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach hotel(s) WITHOUT valet parking?

You're right Michele. Lago Mar offers free parking and WIFI and has no resort fee. The parking and WIFI at most hotels by the beach runs $30/$40per day. Plus the fact that Lago Mar is located directly on the beach.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,207 posts
797 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach hotel(s) WITHOUT valet parking?

Parking and WIFI has gone nuts at some hotels....$40 a day is crazy...

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach hotel(s) WITHOUT valet parking?

tdsuperstar I couldn't agree more and that is why we always stay at Lago Mar.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach hotel(s) WITHOUT valet parking?

Fortunately, most large hotel chains now offer complimentary WiFi (about time!), but parking along the beach is always going to be an issue. An expensive one.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach hotel(s) WITHOUT valet parking?

Lago Mar does have free parking , but it is an expensive hotel to start with because of it's prime location right on the beach - so i will just assume the parking expense is figured into their total room rate when they set rates. You may find another hotel is more in your budget , even with parking figured separately. I would not say the terms Lago Mar and budget are very often in the same sentence- a lovely spot though.- and I agree that it is nice not to have to wait for and tip valets every time you want to go somewhere.

Edited: 9:11 am, March 04, 2015
7. Re: Beach hotel(s) WITHOUT valet parking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 05, 2016