We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Harbor resort VS Ritz Carlton Lauderdale

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Topic
Marriott Harbor resort VS Ritz Carlton Lauderdale

Hello all

staying in Fort lauderdale one night on my way up north, family with a 4 year old boy, staying at turnberry resort the night before and now wonder what you think is the best of Marriott Harbor resort and the Ritz - almost the same rate - best beach ? nicest place ? something close walking

harbor $249 Ritz $299 include breakfast X2 + $50 credit / night

please help

all the best from sweden

chris

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
Fort Lauderdale Marriott...
3,314 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Lago Mar Beach Resort & Club
Lago Mar Beach Resort & Club
#10 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Napoli Belmar Resort
Napoli Belmar Resort
#16 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Harbor resort VS Ritz Carlton Lauderdale

I love Harbor Beach's private beach and pool area but it's not in the "thick of things" so to say. The Ritz, on the other hand, is across the street from the beach but there's more within walking distance.

That said, you'll only be here for one night so if it were me, I'd stay at Harbor Beach just due to the fact that you can walk out of the hotel and be on the beach with no traffic in between.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
495 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Harbor resort VS Ritz Carlton Lauderdale

As was mentioned above, the Marriott Harbor Beach has the best beach and pool area by far and is more isolated.

However in this case, a one night stay, I would stay at the Ritz. It appears you are getting a better deal economically at the Ritz. If staying longer I would recommend the Marriott.

You will be happy with either choice. It is good to have such tough decisions :)

Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
Fort Lauderdale Marriott...
3,314 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
3. Re: Marriott Harbor resort VS Ritz Carlton Lauderdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 12, 2015