We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BEACH HOTEL Ft. Lauderdale with shuttle to Miami Port

Toronto, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
BEACH HOTEL Ft. Lauderdale with shuttle to Miami Port

I'm looking for a hotel on the beach in Fort Lauderdale area with a shuttle to FLL and a shuttle to Port of Miami

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,135 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BEACH HOTEL Ft. Lauderdale with shuttle to Miami Port

Hotels here don't offer shuttles for free to Miami Port- it is 35 miles away and too expensive for them to absorb that cost. I really don't know of any beach hotels that offer free FLL shuttles either- they don't have to to get customers- but some would recommend one to you for a charge. A taxi from FLL to most beach hotels is $15-20 and all the riders share that fare. Go Van is a shared ride and always charges per person- I think about $8-10 pp to a beach hotel , so for a couple it is almost the same price as a taxi and takes longer with various stops. For more than one person a taxi is the best plan. Taxi to Miami Port is $80 or so shared by all riders, and there are various shared ride or car services that hotels can arrange for a fee, but nothing for free. Only one hotel I know off far off the beach on a highway offers a bus to Miami Port for which they have some sort of package room rate and it is a seedy Best Western Inn where the rooms are not nice- they do it to get business and the room rate is not worth it for the shabby room. Much higher than the room is worth to absorb the cost of the bus.. I wouldn't want to stay there.

2. Re: BEACH HOTEL Ft. Lauderdale with shuttle to Miami Port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 12, 2015