We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tortuga music festival

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
332 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
tortuga music festival

How busy is fort Lauderdale is during this festival? We are getting off a cruise on April 12 and we were wondering if we should get an early flight home and get out of dodge or would it be ok to rent a car and spend part of the day hanging around (possibly taking a ride on the water taxi)

Thanks

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tortuga music festival

Depends on where you hang. If you plan on being on A1A near the beach, you can surely expect a high volume of traffic.

Here's the report from last year.

nbcmiami.com/news/Large-Crowds-Expected-for-…

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tortuga music festival

The southern end of the beach between 17th St and Las Olas Blvd should be the most affected by the festival- it takes place near the Sheraton Beach Resort. Traffic will be heaviest there I would think.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tortuga music festival

I believe that about 25,000 attended Tortuga over the weekend last year- it may grow some this year. there is also parking and shuttle bus service from Galleria Mall to the venue which is located south of Las Olas Blvd.so Sunrise Blvd may be bit affected as well ( and there is bridge repair on Sunrise which already is slowing stuff down- ) I'd say the further north on the beach you go , the better it would be. This is only the 2nd year of Tortuga , so not very easy to predict the size of this one perhaps. The festival in Bayfront Park in Miami last weekend that was such a mob scene was multiples times bigger.

I'm going to see if I can find any information about road closings or traffic reroutings and post them if I do.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
332 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tortuga music festival

Thank you for your responses. We are trying to decide to get a noon flight or one in the evening. I guess the water taxi would be busy too.

5. Re: tortuga music festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 05, 2015