We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Advisor Sponser

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
McDonough, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
Cruise Advisor Sponser

I've just received an "Award Notification". "Congratulations! Our promotional department has authorized us to award you a CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE 7 NIGHT AND 8 DAYS CRUISE. OUR RECORDS INDICATE THAT BY RESPONDING WITHIN 72 HOURS YOU WILL ALSO RECEIVE A 2 ROUND TRIP AIRFARES LEAVING FROM OR GOING TO A MAJOR AIRPORT IN THE CONTINENTAL U.S." Does anybody know if this is a scam? I know I have to sit thru a 90 minute sales pitch, But if the the reward is worth the time spent, it would be worth the time investment. A check made out to me for "Carnival Cruise Lines 8 Day and 7 Night Cruise" (in place of an amount) was issued to me.

Edited: 5:16 pm, February 18, 2014
72 replies to this topic
Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise Advisor Sponser

According to the Cruise Critic web site this is a scam that has been going around for quite some time. Sounds to be too good and is.

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise Advisor Sponser

Here is a link :

boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php…

Westfield, New...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise Advisor Sponser

Cruise Advisor also sent me the Cranival Cruise Lines 8 Day and 7 night cruise plus free air fare is responding w/i 72 hours. Called Carnival Cruise Line and was advised that they do run these promos thru travel agents and referred me back to Cruise Advisor. Like I'm going to call the travel agency and ask it this is a scam, yeah right!!!

Has anybody out there tried this? Curious in Jersey

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise Advisor Sponser

Please read the messages above yours- it has been widely reported to be a big scam- don't fall for it!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise Advisor Sponser

By the way, did you keep the envelope the "announcement " came in ( or was it a postcard as some even are/) ? If you look at it you will see if it was sent as junk mail at the bulk mail rate- just a big cheap mailing to any address they could get into their computer trying to lure in victims for their scam . If you actually win a legitimate prize from someone , it does not arrive as a junk mail ad. Florida is awash with these scam artists using the "dream cruise" hook a lure. They will cleverly talk you out of sending them more money than you would ever pay for a cruise you choose yourself- we hear this sad story over and over down here from the victims and these companies frequently change their names to something else and start the same scam again. .All they want is access to your credit card number and the charges will keep piling up withal sorts of reasons given. - and then somehow the dates you need will never be available and there will be some excuse why there are no refunds for this special bargain price...-or they will soon start ignoring you all together once they have enough of your money in hand.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise Advisor Sponser

I just got the same mailing & thought i'd call for info, turns out I don't qualify for the 8 day,7 night cruise, as i"m not married or co-habitating. But I do qualify, however, for a 2 day, 2 night cruise to the Bahamas from Ft Lauderdale, that I have 18 months to book, all I have to pay is $59 per person for port fees... and that is payable NOW, over the phone, and I will receive all the certificates and necessary paperwork in the mail in the next few days. Smells like a scam to me..

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise Advisor Sponser

You got that right Cindy- it doesn't just smell- it REEKS

Augusta, Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise Advisor Sponser

I got the same voucher, went to the presentation, and it was something like a timeshare. Well they call it wholesale travel. At the end if you wasn't interested, they said someone would be emailing you about the voucher for your travel. Needless to say that was March 15, no email till this day.

Old Bridge, New...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruise Advisor Sponser

I got the postcard, I went to the presentation and I mailed in my free cruise vouchers via certified mail. I got it all back in the mail today. I no longer qualify because I did not send them any money. Confused because nowhere on the voucher does it ask for money to be mailed in.... Big SCAM. and a big waste of two hours sitting in a conference room listening to these people. I'll never respond to one of these things again!!!!

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
1 post
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cruise Advisor Sponser

I just got the "award notification" today. I'd like to give a big "thank you" to everyone who has posted a comment about this scam. The notice is going in the shredder, now!

Reply to: Cruise Advisor Sponser
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted