We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need someones advise please

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
need someones advise please

I will be staying at America's Best Inns in Lauderale at 3001 SE 6th Ave. and would like to know if there is any shopping/restaurants within walking distance. Will just be staying overnight prior to a cruise, but would not like to be isolated or dependent on taxis to take me anywhere. Also, does anyone have any info about the place we are staying?

Pittsburgh, PA
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: need someones advise please

If the hotel is anywhere along the beach front there's plenty of shopping & restaurants. If you get a chance inquire about taking the boat cruise along "Millionaire's Row" it's amazing!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need someones advise please

I am sorry to say I'm pretty sure there is no real shopping or much in the way of restaurants where you're staying. It is an area just north of Ft. Lauderdale Airport and is sort of industrial in nature- not a prime tourist area. It would be south of I-595 ( which is about 24th St.) . I think I'll be going down that way in the next few days and will take a better look. I am not really familiar with America's Best Inns , but I think it is a small older property that used to be called something else. There are several similar properties down that way - all of them older "budget" properties, and some which are used as long term housing for transient workers. You are coming at the height of the tourist/cruise season , if I recall from your other post, and most nice spots will cost $150 or more. If yours is below this price point, you're risking being accomodated in a chancey area or in a shabby accomodation or both. I wouldn't say the area is dangerous, but certainly not conducive to walking. If you can increase your budget, it would probably be a good idea. The transportation to the cruise port would have to be by taxi- I'm guessing about $15.