We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Lauderdale and surrounding area places of interest

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Fort Lauderdale and surrounding area places of interest

I am planning to visit Fort Lauderdale in February for a week. Can you suggest places of interest? I am interested in history, architecture, gardens, museums, golf plus a short clothes shopping trip. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,166 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fort Lauderdale and surrounding area places of interest

Los Olas Boulevard may be worth checking out. http://www.lasolasboulevard.com/

Will you have a car ? There are several local malls for your shopping pleasure.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fort Lauderdale and surrounding area places of interest

Bonnet House is an interesting historic home originally occupied by artists.

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fort Lauderdale and surrounding area places of interest

I do not plan to have a car.

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fort Lauderdale and surrounding area places of interest

Thanks for that. I was not aware of Bonnet House and will put that high on the list.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,934 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fort Lauderdale and surrounding area places of interest

Without a car I go for the Doubletree Gallery One, this puts you next to the Galleria Mall for shopping. Go to customer services with your passport at Macys and you'll get a a discount card 11% from memory! but it's not valid for cosmetics or perfume. There are other good shops there too. You will be within walking distance of Bonnet House, the beach and a variety of bars and restaurants. You have a water tact stop en site to explore alots of places. Stranahan House might be of interest, also Hollywood Beach it's quite quaint with many older motels on the boardwalk and a variety of restaurant s. You might like to try my favourite Le Tub, if you like huge burgers. If the Doubletree is over budget or you've already booked elsewhere repost with the details.

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fort Lauderdale and surrounding area places of interest

Thanks, I shall look into Stranahan House and your other recommendations. Not sure where we will be staying yet. Best regards.

7. Re: Fort Lauderdale and surrounding area places of interest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 15, 2015