We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day stay in fort Lauderdale

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Day stay in fort Lauderdale

. We are a group of 9 with 4 children and are leaving a cruise ship but do not fly home until 7 PM. Is there any hotels in Fort Lauderdale that we can book for the day?

We will need the room(s) February 2, 2014

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day stay in fort Lauderdale

At the height of the tourist season ( which is January /February) almost no decent, clean will offer a cheaper "day rate" when they can easily fill their room with a full price booking. Day rates usually happen in the off season. All I can best suggest is that you look at a lower end but clean hotel which would have a pool and a lower rate because they are not as fancy. Perhaps something like Birch Patio. Beware of hotels like Avalon, Sea Club etc which are low priced or may offer day rates at that time -- they are very dirty substandard places offering those rates to fill their undesirable rooms.

Nicer hotels here have no problem filling ttheir hotels at heir normal rates in Jan/Feb and don''t offer day rtaes.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,923 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day stay in fort Lauderdale

IMO this one is going to be very tricky. Feb is a very busy time of the year, I called one hotel on the strip and found that they MAY offer it depending on there booking factor the night before. Another hotel wanted the full rack rate, not an economical choice to me. Good luck...

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day stay in fort Lauderdale

search google days room near port everglades

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day stay in fort Lauderdale

Check back with us here before you book a day room. Some of the places that come up when you do a google search for day rooms you do not want to go to.

Boston...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day stay in fort Lauderdale

Whatever you do, dont stay at the rodeway inn fort lauderdale. Especially since you are staying with kids. Its in a shady area of town and this motel is dirty.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,009 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day stay in fort Lauderdale

Funny I can still find a website for Jungle Queen but cannot find it in the Things to Do on TA!

Well that is one possibility if you want more of a roundtrip cruise with more détails about the megayachts and properties that you will pass or to have a meal included at night but a full day of hop and off on the water taxi might be better if you want so see and walk a bit places like Riverside, Las Olas Boulevard, etc.

Two small hints. If you have a car then you should have traditional barbecue at Ted Jenkins on Federal Highway. Also the area between Federal Highway and the intracoastal bridge on 17 Street South is the spot for yachties, Waxy O'Connors being the epicenter so it can be interesting to try to hang with that crowd.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day stay in fort Lauderdale

Slight correction to Rickb's post- It's Tom Jenkins , not Ted , in case you're trying to find it on line. I happen to be not a fan ( love BBQ but not there) , but many are.

Here are the definitely mixed reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34227-d46…

Edited: 12:15 am, November 28, 2013
Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day stay in fort Lauderdale

I am willing to pay for the full day rate even if we only use the room for 6 hours.

We just need a place to rest and swim so kids do not get bored,

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day stay in fort Lauderdale

You might look at this list of properties managed by North Beach Village- they would be about a $10-15 taxi fare from Port and probably $25 back to FLL- all share the fare per taxi so it would not be costly but you would need 2 taxis -and choose one with a pool. I suspect you would have to rent two rooms- so do be honest in telling them how many you are bringing when you reserve so they can work with you.- as they could refuse occupancy if your group is too large. They are clean and usually reasonably priced, but Feb 2 is the highest cruise time of the year, so nothing is cheap. You can also choose some chain hotels out on highways with pools- but you do have do avoid the dirty ones in bad areas , such as the one a previous poster has mentioned. They may seem cheap, but I would not stay there, even for one day. These motels below well kept and are even just a short walking distance to the beach if you prefer the Ocean to a pool.:.

http://www.northbeachvillageresort.com

I find myself suggesting them frequently for high season visitors, because other accommodations for those dates are most often $200-300+ per room if they are clean in the larger hotels. These are generally lower in price than that - and that is not easily found in clean properties in January/February here.. We often have 30,000 +cruisers coming through in a weekend in those months and that places great demand on accommodations.

10. Re: Day stay in fort Lauderdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 30, 2014