We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

Windsor, Ontario...
1 post
Save Topic
Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

I will be staying overnight after disembarking a cruise in Ft. Lauderdale and leaving the following morning early - 7:00 a.m.

I'm looking for a place that isn't too far from the airport (so as not to have to wake and leave the hotel at a terrible hour), but is somewhere where I can walk around - shop, dine casually and provide some entertainment for the day on Saturday.

I would like something reasonable and nice.

Can you help? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Villa Venezia
Villa Venezia
#1 of 132 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Premiere Hotel
Premiere Hotel
#2 of 132 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Nobleton Hotel
Nobleton Hotel
#4 of 132 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
14,943 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

Budget ? Perhaps something along 17th Street Comfort Suites or Embassy Suites.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,628 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

See what Best Western Plus Oceanside is asking. It is pleasant and right on the beach and walkable to many restaurant and ccross the street from Water Taxi.- rates fluctuate greatly here by date and "reasonable " means different things t different people but that BW often is pretty reasonable. Hyatt Place on 17th St is another one that Objets didn't mention that is usually more reasonable than Embassy and walkable to dining , Water Taxi etc, All these are about a $15-20 taxi ride from FLL- some may offer a shuttle- a few may charge a small fee for that service - but all are in the same general area and very near where your ship disembarks.

Mentioned in this post
Oceanside Hotel and Suites
Oceanside Hotel and...
383 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Water Taxi
Water Taxi
5,407 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,717 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

May be the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise. It is located on the 17th Street Causeway right smack in the yachtie neighbourhood. Many bars and restaurants around cater to that trade and the epicenter is Waxy O'Connor's if you want to have a peek.

Seems that this hotel has free shuttle to the airport and can arrange pick up at the cruise terminal. at low cost Of course in Holiday Inn Express you have breakfast included but you might have to leave too early for that.

If you crave for fast food then just a few blocks west, near the corner of SE 17th Street and South Federal Hwy you have a McDonald's and a Burger King.

There are a few homeless around but they are not bothersome, almost all of them sell the newspapers in the morning so don't hassle people at other times.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,717 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

Oops! on Trip Advisor it seems that this hotel goes by the name of Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center-Cruise

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,628 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

That is the wrong name for the Holiday Inn Express on 17th- the correct name is Holiday Inn Express Convention Center. The HI Express Airport/Cruiseport is the one out on 24th ST aka Rt 84 that is about halfway between the Airport and the Cruiseport but not near either one and is not walkable to anything. I think the name is very deceptive. If you want the one near the cruise port on 17th ST that is the Holiday Inn Express Convention Center ( the Convention Center here is actually inside the north Port gates and the Holiday Inn on 17th St is just outside those gates

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,628 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

Glad you caught that error Rick- we were posting at the same time it seems!

People always are misled by the name of that Holiday Inn- I can't help but wonder if it was named that way to attract business ( no one wanting to be near the Airport or the Cruiseport should book the one on SW 24th.)

Edited: 5:23 pm, October 30, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,717 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

Yup something strange. I could not remember the name of this hotel so I used Google Maps and this the name that was given then. After posting I realized that this was wrong. So 17th Street Causeway is the place with a good neighbourhood around.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

Do you know if there is a liquor store in close proximity?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
14,943 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

totalwine.com/eng/storeLocator/redirect.cfm…

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,899 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

The Holiday Inn Express Convention Center isn't low end and/or inexpensive, but it is quality! As well, as others have said here, it is very walkable to many restaurants and Total Wine is the ONLY place to go to purchase any sort of alcoholic beverage....they have the best prices, bar none! Enjoy your stay!