We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip from Fort Lauderdale to Key West?

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Day Trip from Fort Lauderdale to Key West?

I would like to go to Key West for one day during my trip to Fort Lauderdale but really don't want to drive. Are there any boats or buses that go out there for the day? I think I read on here somewhere that a hotel had a bus that goes out to Key West. I'm staying at the Sheraton Yankee Trader if that helps.

Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Day Trip from Fort Lauderdale to Key West?

If your budget can run to it you can fly down to Key West directly from Fort Lauderdale Airport (it takes approx. 40 minutes from memory.) We have also driven down before but wouldn't recommend such a long journey as a day trip - think you will also wish you are staying at least one night in Key West when you get there!

12. Re: Day Trip from Fort Lauderdale to Key West?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, August 15, 2009
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question