We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi need help with Hotel

Aguadilla,pr
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hi need help with Hotel

Hi im goint this friday with my husband and I need a good hotel at a good price. What is to see in

Fort Lauderdale hotels, im goint to the swaps, but have nothing else in mind. Thanks

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,240 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi need help with Hotel

If you want the beach the post about the Tropi Rock might help.

Aguadilla,pr
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi need help with Hotel

And what else is to do there ?

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,240 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi need help with Hotel

Well it is a town with a beach so you have the choice of staying downtown or by the beach. When you said you were going to the Swaps I assumed you meant Swap Shop in which case you are quite a way from the beach. If swaps was a misspelling of swamps I presume you mean the everglades which again are away from the beach. So I think you need to clarify exactly where you are planning on going/doing before anyone can provide accurate advice.

Aguadilla,pr
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hi need help with Hotel

Sorry I ment swamp. But is there anything else to do. And yes I would like a hotel by the beach. Thanks

Aguadilla,pr
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hi need help with Hotel

But can you tell me to hotels downtown if I change my mind.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,240 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hi need help with Hotel

I am not really in position to recommend hotels as I have not as yet stayed in the area but have visited it. I have just cancelled the Avalon Waterfront Inns due to the poor reviews and rescheduled my vacation so that I am only in Fort Lauderdale for 2 nights staying at the Holiday Inn on Fort Lauderdale Beach I am spending the rest of my vaction in Key West. I can only suggest that you look at the hotel reviews on this web site and decide what is within your price range. However if you don't need the beach and just want to explore the everglades perhaps a cheaper out of town hotel or one on the outskirts or in the everglades may be more suitable. I'm sure a Florida resident will reply to your post and make some really good suggestions. At least my reply will push your post up to the top of the forum and now people know what you really want they will be in a better position to answer the question. Good luck.

Aguadilla,pr
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hi need help with Hotel

Thanks a lot.

Stockholm, Sweden
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hi need help with Hotel

Hi, I just have to make a comment about the avalon waterfront inns. I stayed there with my husband in august-05 and had the best time of my life. If you dont need something fanzy its a gorgeous hotel, all the basics you need, great friendly staff and the best location if you like the beach. We´re going back there for 3 weeks in october.

9. Re: Hi need help with Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 13, 2009