We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$30 one way bus fares to Orlando starting Oct 11

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
$30 one way bus fares to Orlando starting Oct 11

The comfortable , clean , courteous Red Coach Bus service is starting Business Class service9 more comfortable seats etc) between South Florida and Orlando on Oct 11 and till Nov 6 is offering $30 one way fares on weekdays to introduce it.

http://www.redcoachusa.com/

If you need transport to Orlando they go both to Downtown Orlando and to a location near MCO ( but not Sanford ) Airport. For some of our visitors who don't drive it's certainly a good option at a good price. We were in traffic on the Turnpike this weekend with a Red Coach and they are good looking new buses, WiFi equipped etc. I wouldn't hesitate to take one myself if the situation called for it- I'm thinking of going up to see a friend in Gainesville this fall- a drive I really dislike- and thinking how nice it would be to sit back in a recliner seat and play on my I Pad while someone else does the driving. Even without promo fares, the rates to all their served cities seem reasonable to me.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,438 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: $30 one way bus fares to Orlando starting Oct 11

That sounds like a great deal considering that it is about $50 with of gas and $15 in tolls one way. I wondering if they are dropping off near the Lynx terminal downtown,

The Greyhound location that I have seen mentioned is in a scarry area away from downtown.

I have had a friend ride the Amtrak from Ft Lauderdale to Orlando too and said it wasn't too bad.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: $30 one way bus fares to Orlando starting Oct 11

According to their website it is the Lynx Station at

LYNX Central Station

455 North Garland Avenue

Orlando, FL.

I assume there are some Lynx options for getting elsewhere in Orlando from that point.

N IRELAND
Level Contributor
81 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: $30 one way bus fares to Orlando starting Oct 11

I am arriving at the cruise port in Fort Lauderdale November 16th going to Orlando one way

I have used Miami 411 coach before from South Beach but am not sure of the pick up place in Fort Lauderdale

It appears to be at a Denny's not sure how far that would be from the port or would a taxi to the pick up point be expensive . The bus fare is $. 35 each

I have read about red coach bus it leaves from Fort Lauderdale airport price is $55 each not sure where it stops in Orlando don't want to go downtown

Is one any better or reliable than the other

We have always used Southwest Airlines before but they are not flying that route only Spirit and the flight is not until 8 pm and the luggage alone is more than the bus

Thanks

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,438 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: $30 one way bus fares to Orlando starting Oct 11

Where in Orlando do you need to go? I would not have a problem going to the Lynx central station Downtown. If you don't want to catch another bus (www.golynx.com) to the tourist areas, look on the Mears site for estimated taxi fares.

Your choices are a bus, a plane, a train, or drive yourself from Ft Lauderdale (which is only 3.5 hours and the easiest by far).

Edited: 7:43 am, October 03, 2013
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: $30 one way bus fares to Orlando starting Oct 11

Red Coach also stops at a depot near the MCO Airport in Orlando as well as at the LYNX Station in Downtown. I think that the Denny's pickup for the other service is on Sheridan St in Hollywood, not too far from FLL, so probably a $10-15 or so from the Port - but just 'guessing on that price. I am sure Red Coach is reliable and the buses are very comfortable and classy.- I am aware of the service from Denny's but have no idea about their comfort or reliability. I have seen them unloading passengers there.

I too miss that SWA service to Orlando- a shame it is gone.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: $30 one way bus fares to Orlando starting Oct 11

Do be aware that the $30 fare seems to be an introductory promotional fare as the service starts.- so I expect it will go up - I'm sort of thinking by November it will be higher- but not sure what- you can put your date in on their site to see.

7. Re: $30 one way bus fares to Orlando starting Oct 11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 05, 2014