We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Bakery in Town

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,973 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
New Bakery in Town

I think it just opened in the last few days , little shop/café just north of Oakland Park Blvd on Bayview Dr. called Pangogh. Anyone tried it yet?

You know I will have to check it out to make sure it's suitable for JD and Harry in a couple of weeks- I must find out if we have new source of croissants and macarons!

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Bakery in Town

Hopefully it is as good as Croissant Time, my favorite. An Almond croissant for breakfast or me.

Florida
Level Contributor
192 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Bakery in Town

I haven't tried Pangogh but if you love bakeries you may want to try the new "Egmondt Fine Bakery" at 100N Federal. It is run by a Belgian couple and very good.

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Bakery in Town

Another place to check out ;-). Thanks for the heads up.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,973 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Bakery in Town

What's the parking situation at the Egmondt ,Bill? I wanted to try it it but assume it is in the highrise building-just north of the intersection-.or am I mislocating it?

I would like job as bakery tour guide and taste tester- I would be so qualified ( as would Harry and JD).

Edited: 5:29 pm, September 27, 2013
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New Bakery in Town

Do you think it could be a 'job share'...?!? LOL

Am interested in finding out about the parking...

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,973 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Bakery in Town

Okay on the job share- if you will be the tour guide and I can be the taste tester....

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,973 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Bakery in Town

I saw from a different source that parking for the Egmondt is inside the entrance to the Waverly high rise apts. at Broward and US 1 ( NE corner) with marked spaces assigned to the bakery customers - or the bakery itself faces on to Broward Blvd if you are walking. I really do need to try it- I have heard good things. I have an appt in that area mid month, but I'm betting I can't wait till then.

Edited: 6:48 pm, October 05, 2013
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New Bakery in Town

Really? :) That's not fair at all - job share is share the whole thing, touring and tasting... LOL I'll be in Ft. Laud. next month, so Egmondt's on my 'to do' list. Hope you'll let me know if you make it before me & vice versa :)

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,973 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Bakery in Town

OK- I took one for the team and stopped in the Egmondt. Nice little place- has a few tables as they also serve soup, sandwiches, quiches etc, but I just got croissants to go from the bakery case - just plain ones , but they were really good.( $2.25 each ) I will say there is not the great variety of Croissan'Timeas far as pastry choices, croissant fillings- they had plain and almond and I think chocolate- ( and no macarons when I was there) but what they do have all looks first rate.

I didn't park there as my appt. was right across the street so I just dropped in on the way out, , but did see a sign indicting parking available for the retail tenants.

I am wondering if this is the same couple who had a place up on Mc Nab Rd. in Pompano- they were Belgian as well - not sure it's still there.

Now of course I have to go to the new PanGogh on Bayview just north of Oakland Park Blvd , just to compare... someone's gotta do it......stay tuned.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: New Bakery in Town

Thanks for filling the post/taking one for the team. Didn't make it there, since we decided to stay on in Orlando and didn't come to FLL :( Next time, and they're on my list… but must say I was hoping you were going to describe (and sample!) more of a spread AKA French Pastry shop, with madeleines and raspberry tarts and…

Will stay tuned for PanGogh report :)