We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,959 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

On 19th October, apparently the one on Commercial will remain. There was a Groupon offer earlier in the year, so if anyone wants to use it at the SE17th location needs to act soon.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,959 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

Sounds like one to be avoided, I can't get excited about chicken tenders either. We ate in Chucks just before it closed and our meal was dreadful, the only good thing was the salad bar. There are plenty of other good eateries in the area so perhaps it won't last.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

I know what you mean Harry! We are meeting friends this week at Sunset Catch in Pompano - which is the newly opened place where Joe's Riverside used to be- just north of Atlantic near Sands Harbor Marina, but I just had a look at their daily specials on Facebook and they all look pricey. Supposedly they renovated the dining room which needed it badly last time we were there. I'll give you all a report.

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

LuLu - We went to Joe's Riverside a few years ago with JD3 and thought it was OK. I didn't know that it had changed hands.

Lately I've found a couple of good places in Hollywood that we liked, just too bad in entails a drive to Hollywood. In many cases we have found that the restaurants in the touristy area of the beach have become way over priced for what they really are. Of course I rely on your yearly input for new and worthy places. :-)

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

It's a fairly recent change of owners Harry- I think sometime around late summer- it is supposedly Italian style seafood now and most reviews say it is"'upscale." ( that is usually shorthand for bring your wallet.)

Old Florida Seafood in Wilton Manors has new owners too I'm told by a friend who has been a regular customer for years. Trying to get some sense of any changes there , but probably won't try it till the snowbird rush is over- John hates waiting for tables most of the time. Years ago we loved the place but the cooking and seafood selection had declined badly IMO- maybe a change there will help!

I'll try to have some new spots for you to audition when you come down again! .

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

I know I can always rely on you for new places to try LuLu.

Saint Agatha, Maine
Level Contributor
2 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

Yep, they used wood replica's of Lancers Wine bottles....and they used to serve Lancers good stuff.

Saint Agatha, Maine
Level Contributor
2 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

We will be staying at the Embassy Suites on SE 17 St Causeway in Sept. Chuck's would have been right across the street. Will have to check out whatever the establishment moved into the old Chuck's building and report when RTB.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

It is the PDQ chain in the old Chuck's location , a complete building makeover in very bright colors , so only go if you like fried chicken tenders- I think they have that and perhaps some sort of turkey on the menu as I recall and put it in a salads and sandwiches as well as served with fries and coleslaw- so sort of upscale fast food... limited appeal I'd think...we stopped at the original one on Oakland Park Blvd on the way back from a bar date as we were hungry and wanted something fast- it was fast and there was nothing wrong with it- but we found it very boring and have not been back.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

Yep, my memory was correct- fried chicken, buffalo fried chicken, grilled chicken and grilled turkey- very limited choices IMO I just don't get excited with any of that.

http://www.eatpdq.com/index.php?id=3

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,959 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Chucks Steak House on SE17th closing

Nope, I can't get excited about it either. I'll file it along with Shula Burger (OMG that place was bad IMO). For the poster staying at the a Embassy Suites, Kelly's Landing, Southport Raw Bar or Duffy's are good choices IMO. Having said that we walked out of Duffy's last time we visited due to a server who didn't want to serve us, but I think that was an exemption rather than the norm.