We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good eateries within walking distance of the Holiday Inn

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,065 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Good eateries within walking distance of the Holiday Inn

Hi All

Now we have put the Avalon fiasco hopefully to bed and will I won't I get a refund from Expedia haggle which I will still continue with but privately. Where are the best places to eat within walking distance of the Holiday Inn, Fort Lauderale Beach. I have come up with the Blue Fish but can anyone suggest anywhere else.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good eateries within walking distance of the Holiday Inn

Hi Again- on to happy stuff!

I haven't been down that way in a while, but there is a terrific little Thai place, Thai on the Bach- one of the best in town and with an ocean view right around the corner. Primanti Brothers oesn't look like much but is a branch of a Pittsburg place with great pizza and also is open 24 hrs and serves breakfast as well. Going west on Sunrise, right before the bridge are both an Italian place ( Frank and Vinnies?) and a Mexican place that were both good last time I was there- go across the bridge and you willcome to Galleria Mall.

There you will find Seasons 52, which has healthy food and a frequently changing menu to take advantage of seasonal produce.I usually just soup and salad it but it's all good and we usually get one order of delicious rosemary flatbread for the table to share- it is so good, and all flatbreads get rave reviews. They also have tiny little desserts for $2 each served in shot glasses- so you get a few bites- they bring a display of about 8 different kinds to your table to choose from- and I haven't had a bad one yet. Galleria also has a great food court- I especially like the custom tossedsalads- very fresh. There is also a Capital Grille- very expensive , great steaks though. When I go shopping, I treat myself to the Mermaid Bar and upscale "lunch counter" at Neiman Marcus (2nd Floor). they have great soup, lovely chicken salad plates and everything is good- their desserts are so large that the waitresses almost always suggest you split one with a friend.

Right near the food court is a Dillard's Department store- one line you won't find a Sawgrass Mall- but you may be lucky that they are having a clearance sale when you are there. I always stock up on their store brand t shirts and shorts which are excellent and usually about $10 on sale- and the BF loves their store brand polo shirts, so if you get a chance give a look.

Across from Galleria there is a little French bakery on the ground floor of the highrise apartments- a good place to get coffee and pastry as thereis also a Starbucks Coffee shop in the strip mall next to it, as well as a CVS Drugstore which comes in handy.

Avoid at all costs the coffee shop in your hotel- it is just plain awful!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,065 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good eateries within walking distance of the Holiday Inn

Thanks for the tip on the hotel coffee shop. The thai restaurant sounds like a good plan we have never eaten thai food but would like to do you have any futher info on it or a link to there web site? Last time we were in Key West we nearly went into a Thai restaurant but looked at the menu and went oh! my god what would we order abandoned the idea and went to Schooner Wharf and had a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich and fries washed down with a couple of Budweisers. Sad perhaps but still we were in the USA and perhaps we SHOULD eat American food LOL.

Thanks ever so for your suggestions.

Kind regards

Sue

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good eateries within walking distance of the Holiday Inn

http://www.thaionthebeach.com/dinner.html

This is the dinner menu. We are not real adventurous, but do enjoy Thai food- some good choices for newcomers might be a stir fry of chicken or shrimp with mixed vegetables or with veggies and cashews. Pad Thai is a noodle dish with peanuts that is popular here too. Satay, listed on the appetizers is usually skewred meat served with a dipping sauce. And happliy, beer marries well with Thai food. I understand their salads are terrific too, but don't think I've had one there.

Anything very spicy will be noted on their menu but they will also make it mild on request. The spiciness usually comes from chilis which can be adjusted or eliminated. I think ther are some good thai places in Key West, so somewhere along the way, give it a go!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good eateries within walking distance of the Holiday Inn

The Italian place near you is actually Franco and Vinny's - here's a little write up about it- I had one of the best meatball sandwiches of my life there some time ago:

sunny.org/blog/…june-20-franco-vinny-me.html

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good eateries within walking distance of the Holiday Inn

Here's the site for Seasons 52 at Galleria- I don't know anyone who hasn't had a great meal there- can get crowded though!

http://www.seasons52.com/menu/default.asp

6. Re: Good eateries within walking distance of the Holiday Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, August 12, 2009