We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theme /Amusement Parks in and around Ft. Lauderdale...

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Theme /Amusement Parks in and around Ft. Lauderdale...

My daughter loves amusement parks, and I promised her a day at one when we are on vacation in Ft. Lauderdale.

Is there a good amusement park within a 1 hour radius of Ft. Lauderdale?

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Theme /Amusement Parks in and around Ft. Lauderdale...

There will be nothing compared to Disney World, but do a google search for Ft. Lauderdale and see what comes up.

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Theme /Amusement Parks in and around Ft. Lauderdale...

I think that's our problem. She's already been to Disney twice. I am trying to avoid a 3 hour drive to disney for one day and plenty of $$$ later ;)

Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Theme /Amusement Parks in and around Ft. Lauderdale...

There are no amusement parks around Fort Lauderdale. There is a single roller coaster in neighboring Dania Beach. See www.boomersparks.com. You may also want to check out Dave and Busters which is a bar/restaurant/video arcade.

There is a water park in Deerfield Beach (approximately 30 minutes north of Fort Lauderdale) in Quiet Waters Park. There is also another water park in West Palm Beach called The Rapids.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
578 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Theme /Amusement Parks in and around Ft. Lauderdale...

There are no amusement parks in S. Florida, but here are some ideas to avoid feeding The Mouse.

Butterfly World in Coconut Creek may be a good alternative. It's a tad on the pricey side for its size but if you or she have never been to a butterfly garden, it's pretty cool. Not a full day but there are literally thousands of butterflies in the displays as well as tropical birds. It is about 30 minutes north of FTL.

www.butterflyworld.com

Not sure how old your daughter is, but she may appreciate the world's longest horizontal theme/amusement park - South Beach. Also 30 minutes from FTL. Free, amazing people watching, a nicer beachfront that FTL and just an interesting phenomenon in general. Always something happening on Collins Ave.

miamibeachchamber.com/pleasure/index.shtml

The water park idea is a good one, especially if your visit is before December. If she's under 12, Quiet Waters Park in Deerfield is a steal at $3

southflorida.com/events/…3738219.location

Florida Everglades -- Disney will always be there -- which is a primary reason why the Everglades may not. Take an airboat or eco-tour and you'll see gators up close guaranteed. May not appeal much to a young child though.

http://www.nps.gov/ever/

Or...rent a Jet Ski and tool around town on the canals, go parasailing, take the water taxi, or just find a way to get out on the water (glass bottom boat, snorkel/scuba trip, tour boat , or go kayaking with full moon kayak (fullmoonkayak.com) for a more active suggestion.

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Theme /Amusement Parks in and around Ft. Lauderdale...

Thank you all for the great info. I think we will avoid the Mouse this time since we are planning a trip there in the winter.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Theme /Amusement Parks in and around Ft. Lauderdale...

How old is your daughter. There are quite a few things in the Miami area that might be of interest to her if you give me some idea of her age. There are some quite reasonably priced boat trips which leave from the Bayside Market place and the some of the little quirky shops there would be interesting to a young teeenager or even a child 8+. There is also the Duck Tours which takes you on a little tour of Miami Beach and them becomes amphibious. How about Miami Zoo. As previously mentioned there are various airboat rides available in the everglades area not far from Fort Lauderdale/Miami. Also in Sawgrass Mill there is a place where children can play pretending to be certain professions and things I think it's call Wannado but I think this would only be suitable for little kids.

eastpointe michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Theme /Amusement Parks in and around Ft. Lauderdale...

The Miami Seaquairum is great. Go to their website and you can get coupons off admissions. I know it's not an amusement park but it is alot of fun. There is also a place called Flamingo Gardens with alligators, flamingos, monkeys, birds etc. They both are 30 minutes from Ft Laud and worth the money. Both places are great for kids!