We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crab Legs $9.99/Lb on Sundays this summer

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,871 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Crab Legs $9.99/Lb on Sundays this summer

OK, so it's at Hooters ( including the Beach Place location) and of course they are going to be snow crab legs which are not native to Florida , so likely flown in frozen, but at that price at least maybe worth a taste. to hold folks over till stone crabs come back locally in mid -October.

This is the time of year when various restaurants run specials to attract customers in the"'slow" season- so let's us locals look for and post the better ones we see,

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,083 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crab Legs $9.99/Lb on Sundays this summer

Pretty sure that is more than I paid at Publix for them last time lol. I'd go to Hooters for that.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,871 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crab Legs $9.99/Lb on Sundays this summer

I think I have seen them in supermarkets for about $5.99/lb on sale or with coupons and most places will steam them free of charge -but no mess to clean up when dining out and I am sure I could talk John into going to Hooters ( just because of the special- right!) Nice Beach view while you dine from the Beachplace location- but I'd try to find somewhere else to park- the garage there is awful and the elevators very slow- I think I'd park in the metered city owned lot at Las Olas Bridge and walk a short ways.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,318 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crab Legs $9.99/Lb on Sundays this summer

I have seen them at Publix for $5.99 at the very cheapest, and that doesn't happen very often. Most of the time they are closer to $9.99 or $10.99, and I think our prices are a little lower for things than Ft Lauderdale. That is a pretty good deal in a restaurant.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,083 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crab Legs $9.99/Lb on Sundays this summer

Well I dont come to FL much in summer which I guess is the 'cheap' time. I tend to be there in Oct, nov, and april. And 10-11 a pound is what I see on special. which I am happy to pay as we can't get them here.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,318 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crab Legs $9.99/Lb on Sundays this summer

Just as I was talking about them never putting crab legs on sale, the Publix flyer comes out yesterday for $5.99 a pound at one location LOL.

Edited: 7:31 am, June 20, 2013
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,083 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crab Legs $9.99/Lb on Sundays this summer

Fill yer boots then man! Or your freezer lol.

Edited: 8:34 am, June 20, 2013
7. Re: Crab Legs $9.99/Lb on Sundays this summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 22, 2014