We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Place

Braselton, Georgia
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Place

I'm reading terrible things about Beach place parking garage on Yelp - Cars being broken into and people getting charged a lot of money for a few hours to park (and signs that are misleading about the cost). Should I avoid that area? Sounds rather sketchy

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
13,165 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Place

I havent parked at Beach Place in some time, it is apparently slipping. There is plenty of other parking close by, do keep valuables on your person or out of plain sight no matter where you park.

Braselton, Georgia
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Place

Thanks - I will keep that in mind!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,037 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Place

There are plenty of places to park just south of the Beach Place. It depends how long you want to park for, there is a lot next to the Courtyard Marriott that charges $7 per day, there is also metered parking on a lot opposite the Quarterdeck on the corner of Las Olas and Seabreeze.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,373 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Place

The Beach Place garage has always lef ta lot to be desired- so maybe it's even worse now. It is poorly laid out and the better spots( that are none too good) are reserved for timeshare owners. Others theer just to dine get the poorest located located spots and everyone has to wait for elevators to get up from the garage levels- they take forever. The employees are from a private valet firm that runs the parking only I think and they could care less about customer satisfaction. I do not park there- besides the concerns you have heard the driveways are so narrow and the drivers so careless that I always worried about getting a fender clipped.

Last weekend the garage there had sign that they were full on thw weekend afternoons.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
121 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Place

While you might decide to avoid the parking garage based on what others wrote, I don't think there is anything "sketchy" about the area at all, to be clear. The Ritz Carlton is next door, arguably the best ocean fronting hotel.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,373 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Place

Yeah, nothing wrong with the area, just the parking facility there at Beach Place- there is a city owned lot just east of the bridge on Las Olas Blvd, which is where I usually choose to park. Most of the hotels also have valet parking ( like the Ritz) but they tend to be pricey.

7. Re: Beach Place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 02, 2014