We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishtales

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,010 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Fishtales

Looks like every Tuesday this month they have an all you can eat Snow Crab special! $29.95 and live music. Sounds good. I don't think I would be able to resist the steak sliders though.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,010 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishtales

Correction $29.99. Although I don't think 4 cents will matter.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishtales

Snow crab and a side of sliders = might work as surf and turf...!

Do you like snow crab Sue? A bit different than stone crabs, but well prepared they are worth the work of digging the meat out--of course they are not native to FL so no doubt brought in frozen- hopefully not too watery when prepared.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,010 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishtales

I do like snow crab, although they are messy. Café Bluefish used to do an all you can eat special but the first hit was so huge that there was no chance that you would want more. I've eaten it in Hawaii too. But I think the lure of the steak sliders would be too much.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
231 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishtales

Can you tell me more about their 1/2 price Mondays and lunch specials. The website didn't get into detail.

thanks!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishtales

I live just around the corner from Fishtales and have had the lunch special a few times= they have about 6-8 choices as I recall displayed outside on a big sign- a big ( 8oz I think) burger, soup and half sandwich, fish sandwich, turkey sandwich etc. I will look at the sign outside tomorrow and remind myself of the other choices. I think half price Monday is just that most - everything is half the menu price( maybe a fewitems not included, but I don't recall) .Not sure I've ever been there for that. At happy hour besides drink specials they always put out a hot dish like pasta, meatballs etc for you to help yourself.. It's just a locals bar, but the food is generous and really good. Right across the street , Blue Jean Blues is a competitor with 2/1 drinks at happy hour and several half price appy specials and a large really good pizza for something llke $10 all afternoon till 6 pm or so. And Nick's Italian a bit further north on A!A has great early bird Italian food specials. So nice not to have to cook!!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishtales

Oh and the Dive Bar ( yes that is it's actual name) also across from Fishtales has a special every lunchtime of an entrée ( usually a burger ) and a beer included for either $5.99 or $6.99 ( I forget which but a bargain nonetheless) .

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
231 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishtales

Thanks for the info, we will be staying in the area, so now I have several options!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishtales

Then I'll add this one more place which is right next to the CVS Drugs on A1A and serves breakfast ( but doesn't start till 9 am I think) lunch and dinner. Friends of our DE Sue went there several times when they stayed in this area and they have good way with seafood. Owners are from the Boston, MA area so many of the many blackboard specials are often New England specialties like scallops.

http://www.oceansgrille.com/

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,010 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fishtales

Another one you might like in the area but not on the beach is the Wayward Sailor. It's basically a bar that serves food but the food is good, reasonably priced and the people watching is priceless. It's very busy and smokey at night, not so during the day. I thought they had a web site but I can't find it so here's a link to the menu.

yelp.co.uk/menu/wayward-sailor-pub-fort-laud…

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fishtales

Sue - I didn't see the steak sandwich on that menu- is it only a partial menu or have they shortened it?

Wayward Sailor is at the southwest corner of US1 and Oakland Park Blvd. Many years ago after a hurricane we were without power for several days and Wayward Sailor became our refuge both for their home style food and their air conditioning.