We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for a house rental

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best place for a house rental

I am considering bringing my family to ft lauderdale in june/july this year. We'd love to stay at a rental home on or very close to the beach, so we can make home cooked meals. I plan to look for them on trip advisor, vrbo, etc but before I begin my search, would like to know what areas would be best to look in. We'd need 3 bedrooms would like to be within a block or two from the beach. We'd like to be within a reasonable driving distance to stores and would like the beach to be lively but not jam-packed overcrowded. This would be my first time in the area. Any suggestions on areas to stick to?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,172 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for a house rental

Ft Lauderdale or Hollywood

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for a house rental

It's very difficult to find a single family rental house on or near the Fort Lauderdale beach- the beach area is mainly condos or hotels and most of the condos have minimum 30 day rentals in their bylaws.. You will probably have to stay further away if looking for a single family home. Lauderdale by the Sea, a small community at the north end of the Ft. Lauderdale beach area has townhome type accommodations that are just a couple of blocks off the beach. I don't know what the situation might be in Hollywood.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,172 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for a house rental

try airbnb.com book early

4. Re: Best place for a house rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 02, 2014