We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thrifty car rental at FLL airport

pittsburgh, pa
Level Contributor
124 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Thrifty car rental at FLL airport

I found a great hot deal at Thrifty car rental for 8 nights in June. My only confusion is that its at airport but appears that all airport car rentals are all in one location there. I'm flying with Spirit airlines which flies to terminal 4 I believe and my understanding is that if you land in any terminal then 1, then you must take a bus to the rental cars. If any one can clarify this for me that would be great. Any reviews on this Thrifty rental would be great as well.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thrifty car rental at FLL airport

Very simple, it's not that big of an airport, and the rental car garage is easy to use .... once you have left security and baggage claim, look for the rental car shuttle signs. Simply follow those and get on the bus. At most from Terminal 4 it's a five minute trip on the bus. Once you get into the rental car terminal, look for the signs to Thrifty, the companies in the facility are on different levels.

Port Stanley, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thrifty car rental at FLL airport

Beware! Read your contract carefully! Beware of hidden, unspoken conditions and charges. Thrifty just charged me hundreds of dollars over what I agreed to and don't seem to care!

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thrifty car rental at FLL airport

just in case, bring a copy of iyour insurance policy and check with your home agent to make sure it states you have insurance for rental cars. Second, DO NOT pay for the extra insurance that hey will try to hard sell you. Third, don't renta GPS or any other extra. if you are going onthe tollways you need some sort of a transponder because they don't tke cash and I understand Thrifty is the most expensive. Someone who is more familiar with this can answer that.Fourth, donot pay for the gas in advance. If you use a quarter of a tank you will get charged for a full tank. Just fill it up before you return. I am so tired of car retnal agencies I bought a small tape recorder that i put on thecounter when I rent. The last two times I receivd the agreed upon rate with no problem. I just told the agent that I wanted to make sure that there was no confusion with our coversation.

Chicago, Illinois
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thrifty car rental at FLL airport

Hello there… This company has not very good reviews but I used and I liked. It is very simply to find the garage. You just follow the flow! I mean the signals after claiming your bags, just like the other person said. It is very important you read your contract and whatever you do not agree or if you find something particularly strange just ask the guys. Again I had a great experience with the. No problems at all but I heard from people that it could be tricky using their service. Hope you have a great time in Miami.

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
334 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thrifty car rental at FLL airport

We have used Thrifty many times. Easy to find at the airport as previously stated and pleasant staff. Do make sure you have the right insurance cover and you will need a Sunpass if you are going to Miami. I do believe Thrifty charges more than other rental companies for this so you have to balance this against the rental charges with other companies fees. Make sure your tank is almost empty when you return it if you are paying for the gas in advance as there isn't a gas station near the airport that I know of (maybe a local person could tell you different). Enjoy yourselves, we will be there again in July and will probably use Thrifty.

pittsburgh, pa
Level Contributor
124 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thrifty car rental at FLL airport

Thanks everyone. I always look over my stuff I refuse to pay anything more than what I'm quoted. I used Hertz last time I was in Florida loved them. However right now their rates are way higher.

7. Re: Thrifty car rental at FLL airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale