We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
consett
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
restaurants

hi going to fort lauderdale in june one night was looking for somewhere to eat near best western plus oceanside inn seabreeze boulevard could anyone help

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,182 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants

The sixty four dollar question: will you have a car ?

17th street offers several choices, care to tell us your budget and some ideas what you might like/dislike ?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants

I can't see the need to move a car , even if you have one- plenty of eating places walkable. My favorite is right across the street at The Days Inn Bahia Mar( don't stay in the motel). their Bar/Grill along the water is VERY casual but very good- you sit in glider swings or at picnic tables along the wATER We DE's gather there often for the ribs or fish sandwiches. If you like Mexican , there is a place right next door to your hotel at the Sheraton Beach ( Dos Caminos I think , but I always forget the name). If you want to go upscale, 3030 Ocean at the Marriott just down the beach is possibly the best high end seafood place in town.

There are several other places north of your hotel closer to Las Olas- Coconuts , along the canal , is also very popular.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,942 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants

Bubba Gumps is also walkable as is the Quarterdeck. Somehow I think if you go to Bahia Cabana and get a seat overlooking the intracoastal you won't want to move. Oasis is also popular with some, I've never eaten there so I can't make a valid comment. You definitely don't need a car, there are lots of choices on your doorstep.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants

Lulu meant the Bahia Cabana which is across the street (practically) from the Best Western. I think objets is trying to help, but some of objets' posts have been misleading... I'm not trying to "blow my own horn", but if you stick to responses from the "Destination Experts", you won't go wrong. (Thats why we have the distinction of being DE's....)

Lots of options within walking distance of the Best Western. In addition to Bahia Cabana, there's Oasis, Bubba Gump's, A Taste of Italy..... As well, if you so desire, you can catch a water taxi at the fire station which is just next to Bahia Cabana. From there, you can head to Las Olas Boulevard, where there is a plethora of restauants, or to the Galleria Mall where you'll find Seasons 52, PF Changs, Truluck's, Capital Grille, Blue Martini. Are you hungry for any particular type of food?

Edited: 10:39 pm, March 16, 2013
5. Re: restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 18, 2014