We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach chairs

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
beach chairs

I'll be staying at the Ocean Holiday Motel Resort in Fort Lauderdale. Are there beach chairs you can take with you, or someplace to get a couple?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,172 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach chairs

You can probably buy a couple at the CVS store in Beach Place - or sometimes the Mom and Pop T shirt shops along the beach advertise them. I don't know if your motel keeps a few in a closet as loaners but it wouldn't hurt to ask at check in. There is only one company authorized to rent chairs on the beach - they have contract with the city and last I knew were charging $10/chair/day- so if you are around for a few days and need one, it is probably worthwhile to buy them. Some places do provide them for guests- I have no idea if that motel does..

Edited: 11:44 am, February 24, 2013
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,213 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach chairs

I'm amazed at the reviews this place gets but none are by one hit wonders, so I guess they are genuine. Great, somewhere good and cheap in a great location on the beach. I would e mail them and ask, lot's of places like this do provide beach chairs for use elsewhere, even if they are one's left behind by others who have as Lulu suggests bought them from CVS or the like and lef thtem behind.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,172 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach chairs

I think it's a place 'in transition" Sue- a young investor bought the place not long ago in distressed condition for cheap price and is making remodels as he can- so some guests report getting a room in which all the updates are not yet completed or perhaps not started at all and I am not convinced I woukld send my relatives there yet .. still it is nice to se some improvements- it was really a mess at one time.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,213 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach chairs

We notice some outside improvement work going on when we were last in town but IMO it still has a grim frontage, but I doubt that any improvements will ever change that. It's just the layout of the place. I hope it does end up being good, it has the location and I wish the new owners well.

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach chairs

the last several trips to Florida i asked at the front desk if anyone had left beach chairs behind. In every case they had a room full of chairs. People come to the beach and buy chairs and they certainly aren't going to check them on an airline for the trip home. Most of the smaller motels have a stack of them for guests to use for free. Wwhen we stayed at eh Westin, two chairs were free with each room. We just had to sign a clipboard onthe beach.

6. Re: beach chairs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 27, 2014