We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Fort Lauderdale

Florence, South...
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Fort Lauderdale

Westin Fort Lauderdale

400 Corporate Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334

Are there any stores close by so we could get water, wine, etc. for our TA cruise?

Thanks for any help!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Fort Lauderdale

No, that Westin is in the middle of a large corporate office park and there is not a grocery or drug store anywhere within a walk. It really is designed for business travellers who always rent cars and on weekends when they clear out , they book on cruise customers by giving cheap rates. I'm afraid you won't even be able to get to any restaurants except the one in the hotel itself. Its very poorly located without a car.

Florence, South...
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Fort Lauderdale

Thanks! Any recommendations? I need something clean (3-4 stars will work) and not expensive ($100 - $120 per night) for one night close to the stores.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Fort Lauderdale

Date? prices here vary greatly by date

Florence, South...
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Fort Lauderdale

April 13 - is the date.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin Fort Lauderdale

I'm afraid you have a very difficult date-(there big a major music festival here on that weekend and most rate are sky high with hotels fully booked.) Any thought of a 3-4 star at that price is a pipe dream. The only two possibilities I can see are Extended Stay on 17th ST and Comfort Suites on US1 and SE 17th St ( that one is over your budget more like $139/ night). They are both clean and are very well located to go pick up the things you need up and down that street which is near the Port. That also means that transportation into the Port will be much close and cheaper you would have had at that Westin, which would have been about $30-40 . Both places probably have shuttles into The Port for about $5-10 pp but if there are two of you a taxi would be cheaper as you can share the fare which should be $10-15 max. If you are flying in both are close to FLL- maybe a $15 taxi ride ( again shared) as opposed to about $40 to the Westin. The hotels there may offer shuttles from FLL- you would have to check their websites.

I have looked extensively and all I see otherwise in your price range are dumps.

There are grocery and drug stores very nearby both places I am mentioning, as well as many restaurants.

6. Re: Westin Fort Lauderdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 19, 2014