We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking other than cruise terminal during cruise?

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Parking other than cruise terminal during cruise?

Are there any safe, reliable parking facilities in the Port Everglades/Ft. Lauderdale area w/free shuttles to the port that are cheaper than using the Port Everglades garages?

Or as an alternative, are there any hotels in the general Ft. Lauderdale area that allow guests staying only one night to keep their car parked at the hotel site? (We have found places in various cities that allow this near airports, but don't if anyplace offers this for cruisers?)

Thanks for any info.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,352 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking other than cruise terminal during cruise?

http://www.easyparkfly.com/

go to the above website and make a reservation, rates start at $5/day but can go up on Holidays etc... shuttle to the Port is $10 (forgot to ask if it was per person)

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,876 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking other than cruise terminal during cruise?

OBjets , have you personally used this service? Some of these $5/day parking places that pop up on internet searches are terrible here- unlit unsecured lots, dirty vans that take forever to transport people etc. One is actually a night club lo9t that is fullof broken bottles and is not fenced in and has drunk patrons from tehe club also parking there. I have yet to find one that has performed well at that price. So, I want to be sure you know it personally.

I usually recommend park n fly or park n go, two long established reputable companies that are more expensive than that, but less than the port charges. Many posters here including DE Abby use them and we know they are safe places to leave your car. If you have used one that is cheaper but still good, that is good news,but one has to be very careful with these... too many horror stories!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,352 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking other than cruise terminal during cruise?

Lulu

The link above is for the FLL airport Sheraton Hotel, 24/7 shuttle to FLL and yes Ive used it...no complaints...

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,352 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking other than cruise terminal during cruise?

FYI the only problem I've found is that the online booking tool requires a two(2) day minimum if booked thru easypark, you can get around that by booking with cheapairportparking.org but then the rate jumps to $5.50/day

Parking is outdoor in a gated lot, and the shuttle to the Port is $10/PP

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,352 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking other than cruise terminal during cruise?

not sure of when you will be visiting or your budget but I found this:

www.hollywoodbeachmarriott.com/specials

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking other than cruise terminal during cruise?

Thanks for some very helpful info! I appreciate all of you taking the time to reply.

7. Re: Parking other than cruise terminal during cruise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 14, 2014