We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this too much? Mixed thaughts..

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
576 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Is this too much? Mixed thaughts..

Hello, hubby and I and my two 15 yr old girls planning a trip for 3 nights in Fort Laurendale then a 4 day Bahamian cruise and 2-3 nights return in Miami end of June.. I have no idea where I will be staying as I need to do some research. Want to be near the beach, and the port! (No car) Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Also some friends have stated this trip would be too tirying and should choose one or the other..thank you :)

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this too much? Mixed thaughts..

I don't think it is too trying at all- cruises and beach resorts are not high stress vacations. Are you in flying into/out of FLL or MIA- that may dictate hotel /sightseeing ideas I would offer.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
576 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this too much? Mixed thaughts..

Hi Lulou and thank you for your reply. I would be flying from Montreal to Fort-Laurendale staying 3 nights then I would take a trf to Miami to take the cruise then after the cruise stay in Miami for 3 nights..then back too Montreal !!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,119 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this too much? Mixed thaughts..

Sounds like a great time. Just the right amount of time to get a feel for each venue. Have a great trip.

Edited: 4:35 pm, January 26, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
576 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this too much? Mixed thaughts..

Thank you CTDesign :)

Edited: 4:54 pm, January 26, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
576 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this too much? Mixed thaughts..

Did some research and loved the Hilton Fort Laurendale Resort, is this a good choice? As for Miami I was looking at something alot cheaper and noticed that the cheaper hotels seem to be runned down with bad reviews. Any suggestions please?

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,119 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this too much? Mixed thaughts..

I would check out the Miami forum as well.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this too much? Mixed thaughts..

Not sure why that itinerary would be tiring. The cruise is very relaxing and you'd be near the beach before and after : )

Head to the Miami Beach forum for some hotel suggestions. AdvisorGirl really knows the area and will send you tons of info. And Miami Beach isn't all South Beach - there are different sections so you won't see all clubs and partying. Just be sure to specify in your post what type of hotel you're looking for and a price range.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
576 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is this too much? Mixed thaughts..

Thank you all! :)

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is this too much? Mixed thaughts..

Is your referernce to the Hilton Beach Resort/(Beautiful) - there is another Hilton out near the Airport that is not nice at all-getting very run down and not well located just want to be sure we are talking about the same one. Maybe an address would clarify.

I also agree that the Miami Experts, particularly Advisor GIrl, are more helpful with Miami accomodations. Actually if you want to enjoy the beach in Miami you meed to look for acomodations in Miami Beach or Sunny Isles Beach- Miami hotels are typical big city downtown hotels. Miami and Miami Beach are two different towns- Sunny Isles Beach is a beach town area between Miami Beach and Hollywood that many enjoy.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is this too much? Mixed thaughts..

I'm too sleepy today- I realize you might also be meaning the Hilton Marina Fort Lauderdale- not on the beach- a few blocks west of it across the street from the Port- so let's clarify which of these three Hiltons( or have I forgotten another one too?)