We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Crown Point, Indiana
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Topic
Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port

Booked for $199 March 30-31st, have 13 and 7 year olds with us, read the reviews and not sure if I should cancel reservations. Just want to enjoy pool, beach, possibly rent bikes, and get some fast cheap food. Need to stay close to airport/cruise port due to not having a vehicle.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,966 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port

I would not stay there or send my family- it is very poorly maintained.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,966 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port

You might check on the Hyatt Place on SE 10th St in Ft. Lauderdale- they are running a special on Travelocity for $212/night which includes a breakfast buffet. It is right down the street from the Port,much closer to the Port than in Hollywood and the Sun Trolley runs to Ft. Lauderdale Beach from there.

Crown Point, Indiana
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port

Thanks for responding, but I really went over budget booking this one. I really should be staying in $100-$150 (with tax and fees) range. Is there anything you could suggest in that range, I know my dates are making the prices double of what they usually charge. I also booked the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Airport for us to sleep for a few hours before a cruise for $120 on March 24th would you suggest staying there after and just taking a taxi or if public transportation is available to get around for some entertainment for the day?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port

As your budget is low for that season, you may want to check on the smaller mom & pop type of hotels, as they sometimes fall into that rate category with very decent rates. Many are quite comfortable, just not as modern or fancy as the "big box" impersonal hotels. My suggestion would be to look at Superior Small Lodgings website. To receive their approval the hotels must maintain a very high standard of cleanliness and operation. Most will fall into a $20/25 taxi ride to either the airport or the port, and many are close enough to restaurants that you can walk. If you find one or two you like, check back here for info on the location.

Riverhead, New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port

I just booked this resort through RCI Travel for 1 night in February 2014 as we are taking a cruise the next day. RCI guarantees the best rate of $136. After reading some of the reviews, I am not sure I want to stay here. Also, do they offer transportation to the cruise port?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,966 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port

You don't want to stay there. I have no idea if they offer transportation- I'd just be thinking about getting out of there- yuk!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,966 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port

February is our highest occupancy cruise season and most hotels offering rooms for that rate will be junk heaps. Put your dates in a site like Travelocity and you will see the reviews for what $130 will buy for that date anywhere on the east side of town where the Port is located..

Riverhead, New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port

Thank you for your input. I can't believe that RCI (Resorts Condominiums Int'l. )would put us in such a dump. I put my trust in them as I do not know the area. I also paid them a booking fee, that I will not get back.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,966 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port

I've seen several reviews from folks who were placed there by RCI who were horrified on arrival. It used to be a Ramada Inn that didn't make it and got terrible reviews even then.- and before that it was a private college that failed- it's a really old shabby building that should probably be leveled- "historic" in it's name really just means old and shabby.

Crown Point, Indiana
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port

They do not provide trans to port, but do provide trans to airport for free. I was also scared after reading the reviews and decided to hope for the best. I found out alot while there and the building has two owners. The owner who takes care of the mall portion is definately not doing there job. When we arrived we needed to use the restroom and used the one in the mall and I thought OMG! Then when we went to check in we were told we had to check into the desk on the other side of building and then come back to the same area to get the elevator to room. Staff at check in was very polite and stated we had to pay resort fee and I advised them that no where did it state I had to pay $10 fee per night and they waived the fee. We used the pool that was nice with small waterfall, water was nicely heated to even get me in, and the hot tub was huge and hot,hot ,hot like I like it. The pool bar was slightly out of area of pool, but close enough for my husband to make a couple of runs. They have 2 for 1 drinks I think at 4p and the pina coladas were very good. While at the pool I had met a condo owner and was informed that the rooms decor can be very different. He talked about granite counters, islands, and leather couches which did not describe our ok room. The room also had a funky smell, but considering I am highly allergic to lots of things I did survive without incident. We tend to spend our time and money outside while on vacation then on the rooms we stay in. I landed up finding a deal dropping our price to $149 as to the original booking of $199 a nite and I think with the location compared to our other family members room prices and there reviews that didn't sound any better, that we got our moneys worth. Especially when we found out our other family members were paying $40 a day to travel to the boardwalk for their entertainment. Hope this eases some of your concerns.

t

t