We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

avalon waterfront review/nightspots

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mass
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
avalon waterfront review/nightspots

Hi, all! I recently stayed at the Avalon Waterfront Inns - a place that had received very mixed reviews on this site. I found it perfectly adequate. Not the ritz, but not a dump. We had a kitchenette with fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, etc., and dishes in the cupboards. Big TV, radio alarm clock, desk, a.c. -- standard hotel fare. The front desk has take-out menus (but expect to wait 30-60 minutes) for local pizza, etc. places in case you don't get to the grocery store, like us. Beach Place -- the sort of main strip in the area -- is a short walk away, approx. 5-10 minutes, and the notorious Elbo Room is just a few minutes beyond that. The 2 pools were never crowded, and the beach is literally across the street. The continental breakfast (served 7 am - 10 am) is only bagels/cream cheese, juice, tea and coffee - oranges on some days. Coffee/tea avail. all day. Bottled water/drinks and snacks avail. for purchase in the lobby. Front desk staff was helpful -- they let us keep our luggage in their office while we hit the beach until our flight left on the last day there. No rowdy neighbors while we were there. We stayed in the back building (building 3), but we saw a room in the front (bldg. 1) -- if you can, you should stay in the front. The rooms are newer and have more modern locks. Cleanliness was fine (and we're germ freaks!). We just washed the dishes before using them. Linens and surfaces appeared clean. Beach towels avail. in lobby for day loan. Oh, for nightlife -- we (2 23 y/o females) liked the strip near las olas (Capones, Voodoo, Dicey Riley's, etc.). We had a great time and the hotel was fine! Oh -- and yes, there is construction next to the hotel, but with the a.c. on in our room we couldn't hear any of it.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,936 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: avalon waterfront review/nightspots

Thanks for this review. I have booked the Avalon for July and was a little bit worried about the reviews. Did you visit the Beach Club? If you did I would be interested to know what you thought about it and what restaurants/facilites are there.