We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fort lauderdale greyhound bus

new jersey
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
fort lauderdale greyhound bus

is there s bus that takes you from the fort lauderdale airport to the greyhound bus station?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,652 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fort lauderdale greyhound bus

There is only one bus that even picks up at FLL Airport and that is Bus route 1 which goes into and out of FLL Airport both on it's north and south runs. You would need to take the northbound one and the closest it could get you would be about half a mile away- you would have to walk a a few blocks north and east- and depending on the time of day , that might not be a neighborhood I'd walk in ( not after dark for sure I'd say). The whole trip would take about 40-45 minutes.

I think it is possible the bus stop is in a newer location now at FLL than I remember- I am going to check and see if it picks up now at the Car Rental Center which is in the center of the four terminals - or if it circles the terminal buildings as it used to.

To be honest, I would really suggest a taxi into that area - are you travelling alone or with others? Where are you heading by Greyhound? There is another bus company here that is much nicer than Greyhound , depending on how far you are travelling.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,652 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fort lauderdale greyhound bus

A taxi would cost around $15 maybe a dollar or two more- and if there is more than one of you you could share that fare.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,652 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fort lauderdale greyhound bus

In looking at the route maps, you could take the #1 bus althe way to the Central Terminal and transfer there on to the #10 bus which does go by the Greyhound station- but it would add more time on to your trip and neither the central terminal nor the area of the Greyhound Station are areas I would feel comfortable in at night- both are creepy areas tp me- but it woud avoid your having to walk on dark deserted streets in an iffy area of town with your belongings..

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: fort lauderdale greyhound bus

Depending on where you're going check out www.redcoachusa.com . It may be a better option , having a stop at the airport . Full Disclosure - I'm affiliated with RedCoachUSA

Edited: 7:11 am, December 07, 2012
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,652 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fort lauderdale greyhound bus

That's exactly the company I was going to suggest, depending on where tehe OP says she is headed and if the time would fit- a much cleaner nicer bus ride- and it leaves right from FLL if I am not mistaken!

6. Re: fort lauderdale greyhound bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, December 17, 2013